Oxygen emate MTB 13AH

tsmtih01

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 15, 2015
Hope somebody can help, my bike has started to lose power on hills, on the flat everything is fine. It started a few weeks ago but seemed to cure itself, now it has come back, the problem is once you start to go up the hill motor adds power but then starts to drop to nothing then picks up again only to lose power again.
On smaller climbs not to much of an issue but when you get to a long steady climb it is constantly cutting in and out.
I have looked at the PAS noticed the magnetic ring was of centre and some of the small magnets had rust on, have cleaned everything and readjusted the ring, today on way to work started to play up again.
One thing I have noticed is if I only put light pressure on peddles it does not lose the power and gives a steady climb. Any ideas to what is causing this???

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Sounds like a battery problem at first, but I'm confused about 'if I only put light pressure on pedals'.

Do you mean less or more pressure than normal?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

tsmtih01

Jun 15, 2015
Sounds like a battery problem at first, but I'm confused about 'if I only put light pressure on pedals'.

Do you mean less or more pressure than normal?

Less than normal just allowing the pedals to turn

tsmtih01

Jun 15, 2015
Less pressure, this seems to allow the battery to take over, this is why I think it is the PAS as battery is constantly engaging when there is hardly any assistance from me

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
How old is the battery, and am I correct in assuming no throttle?

tsmtih01

Jun 15, 2015
Battery is about10 months old, took throttle off as I never used it that was about 6 months ago

D

Deleted member 4366

If it's a battery problem, it'll be much worse on level 5 or 6. If it's a PAS problem, it'll be the same on all levels.

tsmtih01

Jun 15, 2015
Thanks very rarley use 5 or 6 3 & 4 are my usual settings will try different settings to find out.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
If it's easy, put the throttle back on, and test it with that. The throttle should override the PAS, so you'll be able to determine if it's a battery/power issue, or a PAS issue.

Advertisers