Oxygen MTB handlebar swap

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
Due to deterioration in health earlier this year, riding the Oxygen with the original 720mm straight bars was becoming very uncomfortable with wrist, elbow, shoulder and neck pains, so after reading reviews on comfort style bars I opted for the On-One Geoff version.
After a couple of rides, adjusting for comfort on the go, I felt they were reasonably okay but struggled to reach some of the controls, having to lift my hand from the grips to operate them, due mainly to short cables from the LCD and the hydraulic brake tubing was tight. The bars grip length was more than adequate at 215mm to accommodate all the kit including a throttle.

After more Googling and Q&A on here, I drew-up a chart with angles and widths of other On-One bars – Mary, Mike, and OG. Deciding on the Mike version because of the grip length (205mm) they arrived quickly and few hours later everything was swapped over.

Some of you may notice the RD trigger has been changed from a Shimano to an SRAM 9 speed version, this is for a Shimano Deore 10 speed Shadow Clutch RD fitted to stop chain slap on uneven terrain.

Advertisers