Pain in sensitive bits when cycling

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
I discovered that one of these cured my major posterior pain when cycling. A fellow pedelecer verifies it worked for him also. They have a channel down the middle so the bits with the nerves aren't compressed. Whereas it was torture to cycle before it's now not an issue.

This kinda thing but many variations including racing-lookalike seats.

Keywords: bottom, pain, nerves

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Have you got a link to the one you bought?
Yes the one I bought is this (link is in purple letters, is hard for me to see on a desktop).
but note that particular one is from the 'relaxed' range, for Dutch upright bikes with a sit-up-straight position. The other pedelecer I spoke to was using one from the 'moderate' range, with a leaning-forward position, which this is the recommended seat for (the men's version anyway, which is narrower than the woman's). If you're leaning forward still further then the 'athletic' range might be the ones to try. There's a bit of a mixup on Amazon with photos of the moderate or athletic under a description of the 'relaxed', so beware.

asc99c

Pedelecer
May 1, 2015
Still riding my unpowered mountain bike here, but I've also got one of these style saddles and I was amazed at the difference.

Mine is a bit narrower than the pictured one, and in fact is narrower than the saddle it replaced, but was massively more comfortable.

Never tried anything like a Brooks so not sure how it compares to those!

Reactions: jonathan75

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

Under 20€ from bike-discount.de Velo bio:logic. Longest ride: 80 km without pain! :D narrower than the photo and "dynamic" riding style. Next time I will break the piggy bank and go for one with gel, the SELLE ITALIA MAN Gel Flow looks good and is 60€

Wingreen

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
Anglesey

Under 20€ from bike-discount.de Velo bio:logic. Longest ride: 80 km without pain! :D narrower than the photo and "dynamic" riding style. Next time I will break the piggy bank and go for one with gel, the SELLE ITALIA MAN Gel Flow looks good and is 60€
Not sure they protect quite the same "bits" but I rarely go on a long cycle ride without ensuring I put on my gel underpants beneath my trousers!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Women-Men-Bike-Bicycle-Cycling-Underwear-Briefs-3D-Gel-Padded-Underpants-Shorts-/261554441802?var=&hash=item3ce5dc0e4a

Advertisers