Panda Mid Drive, seems under powered

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
ok but is does say BBS01 but not made by bafang, but as you see by my pic i have something diffrent again and it not even the same amps the one picture on there site is 18A mines 15A am i wrong in think that would alter the power.

ok but is does say BBS01 but not made by bafang, but as you see by my pic i have something diffrent again and it not even the same amps the one picture on there site is 18A mines 15A am i wrong in think that would alter the power.
I don't think it says it's made by Bafang anywhere?
Maybe the photos are for illustration purposes only and not the exact item?....I really don't know I'm afraid.
If you do work out a fix for that running fault I'd love to know about it.

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
sadly if no one on here can help, then i'm buggered. sadly as well as i sell online. unless its made very clear then an item should be as pictured. so the difference between the 18A pictured and the 15A i got isnt really acceptable. the real problem the only other mid drive ive road is a giant, so i cant really compare them and no how bad it is. i can say my 250w rear wheel drive mix and match seems to have way more power.

It doesn't sound like your experience is at all representative of what you should expect of a mid-drive kit. My Bafang trumps anything else I've tried - and I've tried more than a few mid-drives from a number of different manufacturers!
I guess your best choice is to seek advice/help from the supplier and if needs be, send it back for testing/repair?
No personal experience but I hear(read) that Panda are pretty helpful on that front.

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
they wernt the first time i contacted them. and yes i think the option is to try and return it to them as it isnt right. but thanks for the help.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Certainly in two of the pics a BBS01 is clearly used for illustration which I assumed was a name rebrand for Panda as a customer third party seller. They are selling the Yoch M Drive under false pretence's then ?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I don't think it's fair to criticize Panda on this.
They sell an OEM product made for them and to me, the advertisement is crystal clear.
They did not pass it on as anything else.
As for the BBS01 on the label, they can call their motor anything they want, as long as it is not a registered trademark belonging to somebody else.

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
hi Woosh, i dont wish to disagree but were is it crystal clear, the pictures show a BBS01 (though im not saying it say bafang) i was not sent that. i was sent something diffrent and no where on there page does it say it will be a different item. so there page is misleading to say the least. second it says 18A on the picture i was sent 15A and again no where does it say that the item sent will only be 15A so if your pictures show a BBS01 18A and your sent a YUgo 15A im not sure the advertisement is crystal clear. the end of the day when someone buys a blu ray of me i don't send a DVD instead.

also phoned for support, i was told to email. i emailed and was told to fill in a report sheet. i filled a report sheet in, waited a week got no reply so emailed again and was told it never arrived even though it was in my outbox as sent. so i sent another and still waiting for some help with a solution. i'm sitting here with a £400 item that isnt as pictured and doeskin perform the way it should.

atheo

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2011
Beds..
hi Woosh, i dont wish to disagree but were is it crystal clear, the pictures show a BBS01 (though im not saying it say bafang) i was not sent that. i was sent something diffrent and no where on there page does it say it will be a different item. so there page is misleading to say the least. second it says 18A on the picture i was sent 15A and again no where does it say that the item sent will only be 15A so if your pictures show a BBS01 18A and your sent a YUgo 15A im not sure the advertisement is crystal clear. the end of the day when someone buys a blu ray of me i don't send a DVD instead.

also phoned for support, i was told to email. i emailed and was told to fill in a report sheet. i filled a report sheet in, waited a week got no reply so emailed again and was told it never arrived even though it was in my outbox as sent. so i sent another and still waiting for some help with a solution. i'm sitting here with a £400 item that isnt as pictured and doeskin perform the way it should.
I wish you luck with getting any response any day soon!

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
hi all, so after a lot of friendly and pleasant emails to panda, we've sort of sorted things. they said the picture of the BBS01 shouldn't have been there. so those pictures have been removed. They say that i did receive a panda mid drive, and they haven't had any issues with them. the throttle is made only to work when the bikes moving. but why its under powered to me and also why setting p09 witch is to change the standing start setting, so anyway they wouldn't take a return as they say i should have noticed it wasn't a BBS01 when i received it and before fitting. why is a fair enough point. the have given me a kit at a reduced price to change it. so i have a 1000w rear coming. so they did try to be helpful and resolve things and they were very polite.

the better news is my bafang 750w arrived this afternoon yeah

Advertisers