• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
Had my purion fitted at Ilkley Cycles today and noticed a pannier rack that fits full sus bikes by clamping on to the chain stays.
I really miss this transporting things about option that I often used on my hard tail but was disappointed to find that this rack was too small for 29 inch wheels..
http://www.wellindal.co.uk/home/thule/p-154041?r=091021829831&gclid=CjwKEAiAoOvEBRDD25uyu9Lg9ycSJAD0cnBybyha1vw_uRLEKHGyD6HrtXIzYE420Bi-YVYbDMCQNBoCzv3w_wcB

just buy a trailer then you would be able to carry things around with i have a pannier rack but never bother with it because it doesn't hold enough to what i want to carry all the time

the best thing about the trailer you would be able to carry more things around with you too it gives you more freedom

The link here is the same price on the link which you posted and really the trailer would be better for you then some panniers which doesn't carry much

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bike-Trailer-Cover-140-litres/dp/B00AQ1SXFM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1486568975&sr=8-5&keywords=bike+trailer

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
just buy a trailer then you would be able to carry things around with i have a pannier rack but never bother with it because it doesn't hold enough to what i want to carry all the time

the best thing about the trailer you would be able to carry more things around with you too
A bit ott for me.. I go to the post office daily and my 2 atura panniers were just right. Now I use a rucksack which makes my back sweaty and wet.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Can't you just fit one to the road bike?
Actually I was just thinking about that, but Its not really the sort of bike to nip on the towpath to the post office and the MTB is much better at navigating the gridlocked traffic if I go by road. For some reason I cant describe I feel much more at ease in slow moving/standing traffic on the MTB.
If I want to pop out for a bottle of wine I would always choose the MTB. But if I fancy a ride around the dales it would be the roady.
I suppose we all have our odd little foibles...

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Since I lifted up the IKEA trailer in the store and felt its weight my solid steel one is very unloved. :( And it still has a buckled rim so not up to any distances over the 3.6 km to the supermarket and thus fishing spots are just out of range. So my first spare 169€ of the year will be spent on a new trailer and I will tart it up with a lockable box which is really why I need a lighter trailer in fact; to cancel the weight of the box... Fishing and shopping trailer.

My plan for the old trailer is to convert it into a boat trailer... :cool: yes it will get a new rim to handle the weight.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Since I lifted up the IKEA trailer in the store and felt its weight my solid steel one is very unloved. :( And it still has a buckled rim so not up to any distances over the 3.6 km to the supermarket and thus fishing spots are just out of range. So my first spare 169€ of the year will be spent on a new trailer and I will tart it up with a lockable box which is really why I need a lighter trailer in fact; to cancel the weight of the box... Fishing and shopping trailer.

My plan for the old trailer is to convert it into a boat trailer... :cool: yes it will get a new rim to handle the weight.
You could always enter the red bull soap box challenge with it..

• :D
Reactions: anotherkiwi

Related Articles

Advertisers