Parts Problem

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
Imagine if you bought a new car. After a few years you needed a new wheel/ You go to the dealers and try to order one, only to be told that you cannot buy one, and that you should look at aftermarket suppliers of parts, hoping they might have one that is near enough.

That is the problem I have with my Raleigh push bike. I need a new front rim. I do not need a wheel, just a rim. I rebuilt both wheels last year, using stainless steel spokes. The front rim is now badly worn by the brake blocks. The name on the rims is ACCEDA. Dealers have never heard of it, and can`t find it on the internet. If I buy an aftermarket rim, It will not match the rear, and more important there is no guarantee that my existing spokes will fit Anyone got help or advice?

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
Tried searching for ACCEDO. These rims are still fitted to raleigh bicycles,but cannot find where to buy a new rim, or even a wheel.

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
In the end . I bought a wheel on ebay For £30, which has a QD a hub, black spokes, and a rim similar to the original, but a different brand. I plan to rebuild the wheel using the original hub, and stainless steel spokes. A job for a wet day.What a rave to fix a small problem.

Advertisers