Pas sensor V7 trouble ?

chris j

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 9, 2014
Hi I am just putting together my first electric bike the following bellow is what iv got to go on the bike.

Crystalyte HS4080 Speed rear wheel motor 1 399,99 € 399,99 €
TH-STG Split Twist Grip Throttle 1 14,99 € 14,99 €
EBR Electric Brake Cut off 1 15,99 € 15,99 €
PAS-V7 Pedal Assistant Sensor Controller Matching V7 PAS 1 15,99 € 15,99 €
Spokes H35/H40 26 26" 12G spokes silver for H35/H40 37 0,49 € 18,13 €
Nipples 12G spokes nipple silver 36 0,15 € 5,40 €
--
60A 72V Crystalyte APM

sorry about the price list its just a copy and paste job

I have 2 questions please that I could do with some help over the controller only has a 2 pin connection and the v7 pas has a 3 pin so wont fit and the other question is from the hub motor there is also a small 2 pin connecter that I don't know what it is used for all the other connecters are ok

D

Deleted member 4366

Photos would help. If you're sure that the PAS connector has only two pins (That's very rare), then they'll be ground and signal. The 5v must come from somewhere else. Unless you have the wiring instruction for the controller, you need to open it to see which wire goes where. You could try using a multimeter to determine which of the 4 wires are ground and whether any of the others are 5v.

chris j

Dec 9, 2014
no the pas connector has a 3 pin plug but after iv pluged in my motor and my throttle and my brakes and also my apm display unit I have only got 2 outlets left from the controller and both are 2 pin connecters so how do I plug in my pass v7 when I don't have a 3 pin for it to go in hope this explains my problem more,

D

Deleted member 4366

I'm talking about the connections on the controller, not the sensor.

chris j

Dec 9, 2014
I have taken some pics to show what connecters I have from my controller and whats being used by what at the moment, the connecters with a ? are not in use and I do not know what thay are for.
The connector from the pas v7 sensor is a 3 pin and has no place to go so does this mean I cant use it with this controller.

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

Those two spare ones with "?" Have jumpers in, so neither can be for PAS. One is for reverse and the other is for regen. I don't believe that that controller supports PAS. You'd have to build some electronicsthat would use the PAS to enable a throttle signal. It can ge done with a Picaxe chip or similar.

chris j

Dec 9, 2014
If my controller does not offer the chance of me using the pass I am going to just not use it, thanks for your help things are getting a bit more clear now.

chris

D

Deleted member 4366

Get the cruise control thingy. It allows you to ride with constant reduced power - better than the throttle, especially if you go more than a few miles.

Advertisers