PAS sensor working backwards

MikeRo

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
Maldon CM8
Hi, looking for some help, please. I just fitted a Woosh CST kit to my wife's bike. For ease of installation I put the PAS ring on the left side, following the Woosh installation instructions. They refer to just needing to flip the disc so the working side is facing out, otherwise the PAS would work when pedalling backwards. But this seems to be total nonsense for a twin hall sensor - basically it only works at all on the correct side, so can't be fitted as intended.

For now, I have opened the sensor case, flipped the sensor and fitted to read the outside of the disc as intended. This works fine but is a bit vulnerable. Any other ideas, or do I need a different sensor for a left hand installation?

MikeRo

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
Maldon CM8
Just to clarify, the reason I don't believe it can work is that its a radial fitting- the reversible ones I think must be tangential.

D

Deleted member 4366

If Woosh say you should flip the magnet, it might be a good idea to try it.

I remember another thread where a guy tried to fix one to that side without success. He fitted it to the other side in the end. Someone said that these sensors are handed, which doesn't tie up with the Woosh instruction to flip it. I've got a feeling that they are handed. If you flip the magnet, we'll know.

MikeRo

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
Maldon CM8
Thanks Dave, I flipped it and tried lots if times. I looked inside and saw the 2 sensors sat next to one another so that the sensor works in a radial install- if you think about it, that's why I believe it can't work (lots of sketches with arrows on later ;-) )

Advertisers