Pas speed

mummymonster

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2020
So after advice I likely needed a new controller I bought and installed one with pas but its struggling up hills. My old controller came with a lcd and I was able to up the pas lvl which got it up them no problem but I'm not sure I can connect even a basic (no screen) one to the new controller what can I do?
This is my new controller

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Doesn't look as if it has a display connector, buy another decent controller with lcd display. The new one is 13a, do you know the current rating of the old one ?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The 13A at 24v is the problem. Best option would be to solder the shunt to take it up to around 17A. You need to solder about 25% of its length to get that. Take the end plate off the controller and show a photo of what you can see in there.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
There's the shunt grinning at you from behind those two red wires. Add a blob of solder up the left side to about hald way round the bend. See if that gives you enough power. If not, you can go a bit further, but not as far as the horizontal bit. Use plenty of heat and be careful that the solder doesn't run down through the leg's hole and make a big blob on the other side of the board.

Advertisers