Passing ot the man from mars.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I'm not often moved by news of some one passing away, but today I feel saddened. A genius of the entertainment world who influenced my music listening from my teens back in the mid 70''s. A performer who changed his persona and music styles to become a legend through the following decades, a lot of performers stagnate changing very little but DB from his early punk/glam guises which brought him the fame to the later mindful soulful style music. Not only a musician but also a song writer, film and stage actor who was successful with in all genres of performing. He to me is one of the stand out artist's of my generation.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Very much agree Neil. I've never been a pop music fan, more a classical music one, but David Bowie had unmistakeable greatness in the music and entertainment sphere. His ability dwarfed that of many much more praised names.

Reactions: Emo Rider and Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Now in my early 50's I have drifted over to classical listening but Bowie remains one of my favourites to listen to right up to his latest music a long with Kate Bush who again has changed her styles and her later music is so much better then the early years. But with all tastes you change as you grow older.

Reactions: flecc

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
I'm not often moved by news of some one passing away, but today I feel saddened. A genius of the entertainment world who influenced my music listening from my teens back in the mid 70''s. A performer who changed his persona and music styles to become a legend through the following decades, a lot of performers stagnate changing very little but DB from his early punk/glam guises which brought him the fame to the later mindful soulful style music. Not only a musician but also a song writer, film and stage actor who was successful with in all genres of performing. He to me is one of the stand out artist's of my generation.
I feel the same and could not have said it better. Rest in Peace Mr. Jones :(

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
One of my favourite songs from the man was reportedly one of his from his career. It doesn't get played much but I always whack the radio up when someone does.

This YouTube video is an amazing g performance of an amazing song. RIP to one of the very greatest.

Reactions: Emo Rider

Advertisers