pawabyke x24 battery

stan

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2013
hartlepool
my battery is 4 years old it was left plugged in over xmas 10 days.it now has no power. I charged for 2 hours green light came on but no power .

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
my battery is 4 years old it was left plugged in over xmas 10 days.it now has no power. I charged for 2 hours green light came on but no power .
Are you saying it was working fine before, but after 10 days on the charger it doesn't work?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
it was left connected for 10 days which flattened battery.charged battery for 2 hours green light came on but no power lights
I would try leaving it on the charger for a lot longer to see if it springs into life again.

The other reason is that it may have gone into a hibernation state, caused by the battery being flattened. Someone on here should be along soon to clarify this and offer some help how to bring it out of hibernation.

Are they lead acid or lithium batteries?

stan

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2013
hartlepool
I would try leaving it on the charger for a lot longer to see if it springs into life again.

The other reason is that it may have gone into a hibernation state, caused by the battery being flattened. Someone on here should be along soon to clarify this and offer some help how to bring it out of hibernation.
ok thanks

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Ok great. Try the extended charging suggestion and if no joy, let's hope it's a battery hibernation thing ;)

The reason I asked is that the older Powabykes used deep cycle lead acid batteries, so would need a different procedure to try to revive them.

stan

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2013
hartlepool
Ok great. Try the extended charging suggestion and if no joy, let's hope it's a battery hibernation thing ;)

The reason I asked is that the older Powabykes used deep cycle lead acid batteries, so would need a different procedure to try to revive them.
ok thanks will leave it on charge

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Are they lead acid or lithium batteries?
On the X24 it's a small lithium bottle battery, 36 volt 6.5 Ah.

Four years is a good life for one of these batteries, feeding the powerful Powabyke front hub motor, so it might finally have expired.

stan

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2013
hartlepool

Four years is a good life for one of these batteries, feeding the powerful Powabyke front hub motor, so it might finally have expired.
ok thanks for help looks like new battery

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Battery fuse if fitted and check the charger output is ok.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010

Oh my, I should have read the title better and Googled lol.

My bad :eek:

Advertisers