Pear tune

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the faster you go the less it will assist but still pull full power these things were never meant for out right speed.

you might get it to 40 with a massive front sprocket 20t plus but thats not going to help you up a hill so you have to think off speed how far you want to go and any hills you have to climb.

the asa dongles also show the right speed.

http://ebiketuning.com/ebiketuning/asa-espeed.html

and stick this on it

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Thanks, i've got a 18t on front (haibike one). The connex type one above i've tried 18t and it was so close to casing the chain damaged the motor case.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i had the same sort of problem with them as well with a 19t one as it was so thin but with that you should be fine as its 25t and it is massive.

i found when i used it i could feel the motor grinding in some gears so sold it.

i now have the dual kit so have 18t and 15t ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: LeighPing

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Nice bike!. You use the 15t, as i've got a 42t cassette the 18t at front seems more than enough for steepest stuff.

Also, did you say you had a dongle fitted?. I do, max 31mph. Looking at ASA, peartune and RS, but only looking as they seem to offer even further speed assist.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i have sram 11 spd so 10-42 and with the 18t can get near the cut off speed off 35mph with the badass dongle but max effort required.

for climbing hills you want a smaller sprocket at the front just going back down you spin out as why most come with 14-18t sprockets it just depends what you want the bike for gearing wise.

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
They do say that if you fit one then take it back of the manufacturer can tell that you had one on, but I'm not sure if this is just scaremongering.

• Agree
Reactions: IR772

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
They do say that if you fit one then take it back of the manufacturer can tell that you had one on, but I'm not sure if this is just scaremongering.
id say no as that is how ebike shop can still get them replaced under warranty.

Thought the badass dongle was limited to the 31mph assist, and didn't show correct reading.

its 50kph but on my bike it cuts out just under 36mph and shows half speed on the lcd after 10 mph.

i bought that sprocket last night so will see if i can up my avg speed and still use the 18t from the kit and just spin it round and use it on the inside.;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you email badd ass then they can give you the old software which then the cut off is 75kph but they wont guaranty that it will work with the cx drive tho i cant see why it wont tbh it is just what they told me.

the sprocket with postage was £30 from pcg Germany

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Funny think is i decided on the RX vs PRO, purely due liking shimano xt groupset and knowing when i come to sell bike i'll never get anywhere near the price of the XDURO RX, never mind the PRO!.
After loosing 7k on a road bike in 3 years i was keen to avoid this. I should have gone for the RC as it's better value than the RX.

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
the asa dongles remove the limit completely there is no cut off.
Yes i have a badass box that divides the speed by 3 so if you are doing 20km-h on the console the real speed is 60km-h,fastest i`ve been to on the flat is 23 km-h real speed 69 km-h but i`m spinning the top 120 inch gear like crazy.

Advertisers