Pimp my HAIBIKE! What have you already changed on the bike?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: electrickery

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: Vasilis_Pap

Westoe

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2015
NE12
Not so much a pimped bike but one that has needed parts replaced apart form the 18t sprocket fitted pre delivery.

1. New 18t sprocket fitted by supplier - suits my riding style better on and off road.
2. New handlebar grips - ones supplied were damaged in transit and would twist under demanding riding conditions.
3. THAT SADDLE - had to eventually concede and changed it for a Maddison Flux same as my other two MTB's - oooohhhh that's better.
4. The Schwalbe Racing Ralph tyres supplied on the bike are not rated as ebike tyres by Schwalbe and after five punctures in the rear tyre in less than a week I changed them for Schwalbe Super Moto X tyres - which are no good in muddy conditions but magic on tow paths etc.
5. The magnet on the rear wheel would not stay in place and the display would regularly give me the error code 503 - changed for a new magnet, no further problems.
6. Rear Axle bolt would not stay tightened especially off road - new one fitted - be warned these are not cheap!
7. I have noticed both my Tektro brake discs are becoming rusty on a bike less than six months old - these will have to go. I have disc brakes on all my other bikes and none show any signs of rust.

People say "great looking bike" when they see it but I must admit the shine has worn off the bike for me. I would definitely get another bike with a Bosch system but I doubt it would be another Haibike.

Oh, and the computer unit release tab was also damaged during delivery - snapped clean off and only found some weeks later in the packaging. So one day I may have to replace the full unit - another reason I am thinking to change the bike, and buy from a local supplier this time.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
seen this on another forum just make a hole in the top cap and then use a screw to attach the screen like this.

MRMAC9

Pedelecer
May 24, 2015
And here's me thinking of getting a Haibike with a Yamaha motor. Surely such high end bikes should give years of good service?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
mine has lasted the 2 years and still going even with a dongle :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
I'll be looking into one of those seals SW, thanks for posting...

Not changed too much on ours; got rid of the crap plastic dropper seatpost lever and replaced with an alloy KS Southpaw one, Renthal Carbon Fatbars and grips, Shimano XT rotors all round, Saint pedals, Selle Italia "lady" gel seat, 2.30 High Roller 2s running tubeless...a couple of hundred miles ago I had to change the rear cassette/chain/guide and front sprocket which was about the same price as a small 2nd hand car lol...I do wish I'd got into e-bikes a year earlier and got the colour scheme that's on yours tho, looks like an electric version of my Nukeproof Mega!!

Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the 11spd cassettes are now under 100 quid tho bit more heavy. better than 300 quid when new tho :eek:

martin sells the part for 2.99 +499 postage tho:rolleyes:

Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
I did go for the cheaper GX cassette (from CRC as usual) that was just under the ton, but £85 for a front sprocket is just silly...I could draw a program to cut it in an hour and it'd take about 30 mins to fab it...I've found a few e-bike related things that are easier/cheaper to make/source yourself, like the 104bcd BBS adapter which I drew, then made three for our bikes in about an hour each out of 6000 series billet block and had anodised for £10 all in at Midas...I'll be checking Electrofarad etc for the seal tomorrow, cheers

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Saw them the other day in your previous post SW and they look a quality piece of kit, but not in the market for one as everything still in good shape and I'll be ditching the Haibike shortly to pay for the three BBS02s and batteries I've fitted over the last few months...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
I paid the same for my 2015 with 200 miles on it last autumn!! (in the bland silver/yellow tho)...so doesn't look like I'll loose much. Good price on the Gusset, I think I paid about the same for the Truvativ Gravity one on the SuperV and I couldn't make one at that price-point.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Advertisers