Help! planetary gear sourcing

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Hi i have an old ebike given to me,my wifes used for many years.despite doing nothing different it suddenly stopped working,stuttering and stopping. i immediately suspected the gears in the motor or hall sensors. the halls are fine,all reading 5v 0v alternately and 2.5v on back spinning the wheel. the 3 nylon gears seem to have all got one third of their circumference stripped/melted. if anyone can suggest why id love to know. its a pretty standard brushless rear hub. i souped it up to do 20-22 mph with a throttle and 18 amp controller 36v battery has just a single gear 16t cog. worked fine for years, its never had issues of overheating.
been trying to get a set of 3 replacement gears but all i see everywhere is the type below.
i also added some pictures of the motor and gear i have. if anyone can advise where these type can be sourced much thanks,also could this have just been years of honest wear and tear or a particular issue that needs to be addressed first. thanks anyone.
images.jpg
IMG_20220723_131304.jpgIMG_20220723_131916.jpgIMG_20220723_132244.jpgIMG_20220723_132349.jpg

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
Is there no markings on the case stating exactly which manufacturer and motor it is? I suspect you'll find the replacements on aliexpress they have a wide range. A quick search shows these but might be the incorrect size but in the same style as yours at least.

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Is there no markings on the case stating exactly which manufacturer and motor it is? I suspect you'll find the replacements on aliexpress they have a wide range. A quick search shows these but might be the incorrect size but in the same style as yours at least.

thanks bonzo i totally missed those when i had a look on ali express.looks right my ones are 36 teeth on the big gear wheel,yes theres no longer any markings on the motor.cheers

Advertisers