Powabyke euro question

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
I need a new ignition switch,these i have found on ebay at £35,not a lot but i dont want to spend any money on it as i feel its throwing money at an old outdated machine which will at some time give out on me.

The switch has 3 positions Off,pure power :) and pedal pedal assist,the pedal assist just means you have to turn the pedals to be able to use the throttle.
I ride on pure power and pedal so was wondering if i have thought it through right,a picture of the replacement switch.
$T2eC16d,!zEE9s3!Y88yBRr1uZvwhQ~~60_57.JPG

The add states the following

There are two bullet connectors for power in and out, and a two pin plug for the pure power function.

Does this mean if i connect the wires in the two pin plug together and just use an on off switch it will work on pure power :) (throttle only)

D

Deleted member 4366

It looks to me like the red and the blue wires are the main power switch. When joined. power will be on. The two small wires are the mode. When joined, the pedal assist works and when not, you get just throttle, or vice versa. I can't be certain, but it's easy to test by joining the wires.

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
It looks to me like the red and the blue wires are the main power switch. When joined. power will be on. The two small wires are the mode. When joined, the pedal assist works and when not, you get just throttle, or vice versa. I can't be certain, but it's easy to test by joining the wires.
Thanks thats what i thought

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Hi electric mike

What's not working on your current switch? Is the 'fault' in the two sensor wires or the main power wires?

I have an old powabyke ignition switch that has three sensor wires (green, yellow and blue) - no connector on the end - I just cut the ends off when gutting an old euro I had. Being a squirrel I never like to throw things away.

If it's any use to you it's yours for just the cost of postage.

Best regards

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
Hi electric mike

What's not working on your current switch? Is the 'fault' in the two sensor wires or the main power wires?

I have an old powabyke ignition switch that has three sensor wires (green, yellow and blue) - no connector on the end - I just cut the ends off when gutting an old euro I had. Being a squirrel I never like to throw things away.

If it's any use to you it's yours for just the cost of postage.

Best regards
Thanks,I think the problem is i have ridden it with a few keys hanging down from the switch and the weight and bouncing up and down has caused play inside the switch,this means its hit and miss switching it on and can cut out during use.
Will have a look inside the casing and get back to you.

Advertisers