Powabyke Shopper full grip throttle

Teacosy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 4, 2011
Does anyone know where I can get one of these , mine came apart and although I got it together again it wont work. Powabyke say they have none in stock and appears unlikely that they will have any more. Thanks for reading this

Mike

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Hi Teacosy, sorry for the delay, I've only just spotted your request.

I'm afraid there are many powabyke owners in the same position.

The problem is, the Powabyke throttle works in the opposite way to almost all other E-bikes...and at the moment they are impossible to source.

Frank Curran, Powabyke sales manager, is currently trying to find a supplier of replacement throttles. Frank posted this a few weeks ago:

"Powabyke have been trying to source these throttles now for 4-5 months without success. I personally have rewired ALL of our current throttles on a test rig to see if our latest throttles can be adapted again without success. The problem is that on our MK1 range of bikes the throttles work in reverse to the later models (post 2005ish). So our new throttle will operate your bike at full power when the throttle is closed and all power will be cut when the throttle is wide open. Obviously this is dangerous especially for less able users. We are continuing to try and source these so keep an eye on this thread and the Powabyke Facebook page Powabyke Electric Bikes | Facebook where any update will be published. If you drop me an email at fcurran@powabyke.com with your details, then I can contact you when they are in."

Hope you see this reply
Regards
Bob

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Of course if the throttle is swapped to the other side of the handlebar, the rotation will be correct then!

Some e-bikes have them on the left, some on the right, so the position often doesn't matter.

fcurran

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2007
Bath
www.powabyke.com
Hi,

I can confirm that a throttle replacement has been found, we've received the sample and are very happy with how they come. We have instructed the factory to go ahead and make them for us and ship them. We hope to have them in our warehouse within 10 days. These throttles will work on ALL of the pre 2008 Powabykes (and some Sakura bikes) including the Shopper, Euro, 24 speed Commuter, Trike, Folder and MK1 classics.

Any questions, feel free to give me a ring.

Kind regards

FrankC

Connections

Just Joined
May 15, 2020
Hi,

I can confirm that a throttle replacement has been found, we've received the sample and are very happy with how they come. We have instructed the factory to go ahead and make them for us and ship them. We hope to have them in our warehouse within 10 days. These throttles will work on ALL of the pre 2008 Powabykes (and some Sakura bikes) including the Shopper, Euro, 24 speed Commuter, Trike, Folder and MK1 classics.

Any questions, feel free to give me a ring.

Kind regards

FrankC
Are you getting any throttles for powerbyke shopper

Advertisers