power cutting out

wordy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 9, 2017
Hello to you all , have been for a ride today and after a long downhill my motor cut out after a long free wheel , its done this a few times and can get a bit annoying , is this normal, the display is still on but i have to stop riding for a few seconds ( stop at the side of the road ) and then all seems fine but obviously after going down you end up going uphill and its not what you want to happen , anyone else had this happen

D

Deleted member 4366

It might be a good idea to tell us what you have!

wordy

Mar 9, 2017
It might be a good idea to tell us what you have!
Its me remember , still got oxygen mtb that needed power settings , how soon people forget but nice to get reply , its strange just no power untill i stop then seems fine

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Its me remember , still got oxygen mtb that needed power settings , how soon people forget but nice to get reply , its strange just no power untill i stop then seems fine
How can you assume everyone read something you wrote before and also, remember it [emoji2]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

wordy

Mar 9, 2017
How can you assume everyone read something you wrote before and also, remember it [emoji2]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Sorry if i sounded flippant but not very good on forums , have been out today done 25 mile and it did the same thing twice, just wondering if there is anything i can check myself before I take it to a cycle shop its oxygen e mate 13 ahr mtb , when riding on the flat today it cut out i turned it off then on and it ran perfect until I rode down a long hill and it cut out again i checked the connections and all seem well but am at a loss so any information would be appreciated

D

Deleted member 4366

Look at the terminals in the battery, are they burnt, melted or dirty? Use a torch to look right inside.

wordy

Mar 9, 2017
Look at the terminals in the battery, are they burnt, melted or dirty? Use a torch to look right inside.
Terminals were replaced a few month ago as they had welded to the battery have checked them earlier and all looks good but will double check again cheers

Advertisers