Power lost

Easygo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 23, 2016
East Sussex
Neo Exstrem power cut out. LCD screen goes blank no power. Stop remove LCD for 30 sec. And replace it fires up and off I go for a mile or so and it happens again ! Any clues please !

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Under what conditions cause this, climbing over bumpy ground ?
Check the battery and it's seating esp the connectors. How old is the battery and it's charge holding.

• Agree
Reactions: Easygo
D

Deleted member 4366

Either the battery connections or something wrong with the battery.

Easygo

Oct 23, 2016
East Sussex
Hi,thanks for reply it's a 2013 Neo xstrem bought it new Feb 2015 done nearly 4000 miles been back to Spain new motor/back wheel new LCD connector know I'm waiting for new controller . I've cleaned all contacts re seated battery ,after about 19 miles it cuts out . I check battery when I get back home after it cooled down and have arround 24/26 volts left that's 3bars on dis play.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Sounds like the battery has reached its range/ limit for 24v (approx 23.2v - 29.4v) and is hitting the lvc threshold. Also batteries suffer voltage sag as they get older so could be sagging under load causing the lvc to come in to play.
Voltage reading hot off the charger ?

Reactions: KirstinS
D

Deleted member 4366

Are we talking about a BH Emotion Neo Extreme? They're 36v (USA 48v). What does 24/26V mean? A 36v battery shouldn't go below 30v!

• Agree
Reactions: Easygo

Easygo

Oct 23, 2016
East Sussex
Are we talking about a BH Emotion Neo Extreme? They're 36v (USA 48v). What does 24/26V mean? A 36v battery shouldn't go below 30v!
After I have been out on a ride and battery had been standing for a hour or so I check it with my meter and that's the reading I get. It is a 39v battery. I just had a email from the dealer and new battery will be posted soon.
Fingers crossed.

Easygo

Oct 23, 2016
East Sussex
Sounds like the battery has reached its range/ limit for 24v (approx 23.2v - 29.4v) and is hitting the lvc threshold. Also batteries suffer voltage sag as they get older so could be sagging under load causing the lvc to come in to play.
Voltage reading hot off the charger ?
I let it cool down first for about and hour ! Just had email and I will be getting new battery,

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
After I have been out on a ride and battery had been standing for a hour or so I check it with my meter and that's the reading I get. It is a 39v battery. I just had a email from the dealer and new battery will be posted soon.
Fingers crossed.
No such thing as a 39v battery, so if yours is a 36v then obviously its pants as you shouldn't be getting any sub 30v readings and really not much less then 32/33v at lvc.

Advertisers