Power meters and Bosch bikes

asc99c

Pedelecer
May 1, 2015
I was speaking with someone in the bike room at work about his power meter, which he uses to track improvements on his commute, ignoring whether he's got a rucksack with laptop etc. as extra weight.

With power meters costing hundreds of pounds, it really got me thinking can you pull that info out of the Bosch head unit? Mine is a Purion, so shows only a limited amount of info.

But surely with the way the bike works it must have at least a rudimentary power meter at the cranks, so a feed from that should be possible?

Andy

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
With power meters costing hundreds of pounds, it really got me thinking can you pull that info out of the Bosch head unit? Mine is a Purion, so shows only a limited amount of info.

But surely with the way the bike works it must have at least a rudimentary power meter at the cranks, so a feed from that should be possible?
I seem to recall Nyon can show user power input. However the display I remember seeing was a simple bar graph. Not sure if you can get a more meaningful numeric display, or if you can, if the accuracy is worth bothering with in terms of using it as a training aid?

Advertisers