Pro Rider E Tourer Bike.

blueboy

Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Bedford
I have an older non restricted throttle version of this bike & also a brand new restricted throttle version. I can't live without the throttle to 15mph so has anyone any idea how to de-restrict it. If its a new controller I need then maybe someone could point me in the right direction of where I may find one.

BobR

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2016
Staffordshire
Hi Blueboy, followed you here . As you know I have the same situation and trying to get rid of the 4mph restriction on the throttle. I have the details and photos of the controller somewhere around, will look them out. Hoping someone can help us either remove the 4mph restriction or recommend a replacement controller.

blueboy

Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Bedford
I have attempted to make a wiring diagram of both controllers they look almost identical, the older one has less wires but the functions are the same. throttle looks to have 5 cables if I traced it out correctly. Am I right in thinking the older bike will be a 200w motor whereas the new one is marked as 250w.

blueboy

Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Bedford
There are 23 cables on the non restricted & 28 on the restricted controllers. Ananda is the make of controller but not much reference to them doing a search. The extra cables are to do with the lights I think. they come from the controller on the new bike but are spliced in with other cables on the older bike.

blueboy

Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Bedford
Could anyone tell me why there are 5 cables for the throttle. Most wiring diagrams I see only have 3.

Lots of views on this thread but no replies. Just thought this must have been done before & someone could help me sort it out.

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
Could anyone tell me why there are 5 cables for the throttle. Most wiring diagrams I see only have 3.

Lots of views on this thread but no replies. Just thought this must have been done before & someone could help me sort it out.
Hi. Can't help you with redistricting your bike, but the 5 wires to the throttle thing is possibly because 2 are for battery state LEDs or an on/off switch?
Regards, Mark

blueboy

Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Bedford
Thanks for that mw1, yes I have the light switch built under the throttle twistgrip so thats why I have 5 wires.

Reactions: mw1

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Probably the throttle is programmed into or via the controller.
Are you able to show pics of all the controllers wiring and connectors even any spare wiring/connectors.

blueboy

Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Bedford
Hi Nealh thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread.

I have made a detailed list of cables from the bike & into the controller. I have a picture of the controller but its all a bit tight to get a detailed picture of the connections.I will list what I have found.

thick cables = yellow blue green bullet connected to the motor.

thin cables = yellow red green black blue, all in a push connector to the motor.

thick cables = red black, from the battery.

thin cables = black blue purple pink dark pink, throttle + light switch.

thin cables = blue black dark pink , peddle sensor.

2 x connectors = purple & black in each, think its brake cut offs.

thin cables = black white red in push connector. power level switch.

thin cables = red & 2 x blacks into 2 x connectors. think lights.

there are no spare cables out of the controller but there is 1 x white cable coming from the motor that is not connected.

blueboy

Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Bedford
36V-15A-smart-e-bike-controller-36v.jpg This I believe is from an older version controller that is probably not restricted

It looks the same as mine but this has 23 cables & the newer version (mine) has 28 cables.

Looking at the older version the lights were spliced in from the battery so thats why there are less cables from controller.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hi Nealh thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread.
to the motor.

there are no spare cables out of the controller but there is 1 x white cable coming from the motor that is not connected.
The white is probably internal wheel speed sensor or if not a temp sensor.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The pics clear it up a bit.
I was wondering if there was a thick white data programming cable but obviously not.
There are no linked speed wires so must assume any speed restriction is preprogramed unless the lcd has some advanced options buried into it somewhere.
Have you tried any button pressing processes to see if an advanced menu opens ?
d8veh has gone quiet lately may be having another sabbatical from the forum, he will more then likely have an insight of the system.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Only other option for speed is to change the controller and lcd for an S series or a similar KT version. My KT has wiring for throttle, lights and horn as well.

blueboy

Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Bedford
The bike does not have any display like LCD. Only button is for the lights. Changing the controller is not that difficult as electrican. The problem I have is finding a controller that will do all the functions that my current one has, not experienced with e bikes but what is brake hi & brake lo ???

Advertisers