Problem with hub motor torque sensor and single speed

joaquín

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 14, 2015
Hi, I´m having a problem with my hub motor kit conversion, it works with a torque sensor inside the motor, and works great when I use the 6 speed, but when I change it to single speed the torque sensor just acts like crazy and the motor is always pushing, do any one knows why would it be?

Regards

Simon Rafferty

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2016
Horsham
Do you have any photos of the two configurations? There has to be a relatively simple explanation.

I take it the single speed is somewhere in the range of ratio's provided by the 6 speed?

If you put the 6 speed back on, does it still function OK - i.e. could the torque sensor have malfunctioned and have nothing to do with which sprocket set is attached?

Si

joaquín

Dec 14, 2015
Hi, thanks for your answer, now I´ve discover what the problem was.

Results that the single speed crown was to width, so it tuchs the torque sensor (which is the hub thread and a little ring around it) and a part of the motor too, so when I pedal the crown gots tight and the torque sensor was not able to see any change when I stops pedaling.

It doesn't happen at the 6 speed because the shape of the crown and the way it gets could to the hub.

What I would like to know is if there is any single speed crown with different shape as the shimano ones? because I need one with a quite thin thread to avoid this problem.

Sorry for my bad english!

joaquín

Dec 14, 2015
Yes, I was thinking about something like that, but it bring me to another question, when I make the motor spin and get a close look at the crowns I see like it moves a lot, but a movement like a wave, it is like the crowns (same for one speed than for 6 speed) are not exactly perpendicular. Do I explain my self?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I know that motor a bit. It's the same motor on the Woosh Sport TS. As you have already found out, if the freewheel touches the motor casing, it will jam or stop the freewheel to rotate in relation to the motor casing. The solution is usually to add a spacer between the freewheel and the motor. If the freewheel still wobbles after you have added the washer then replace the freewheel.

Advertisers