Programming the Onebot S6 ebike

Tolga

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 1, 2020
I took it apart to find out which controller it has (it's a WK3612YS), but I couldn't find any information on programming that.

I then trawled the internet for any general ebike speed limit information. I stumbled upon "the mad Rumanian", who on a completely different ebike, disconnected the short white wire that comes out of the controller and goes back into it, and that removed his speed limit, so I searched for the same on my S6.
Not quite the same on the onebot S6. I found a short (10cm) black wire and a short white wire - neither of them were connected to anything, but one had a male and the other a female connector on the end. I took a gamble and connected them together. Hey presto, a slightly faster S6!

I then tried various combinations of the three P3 settings - I don't know exactly what they control, but by changing them you can vary the initial pull away torque and the highest speed.
I found the best compromise to be as follows:
P3-1 = 3
P3-2 = 6
P3-3 = 7
Hi. How do you figure out this settings without knowing what it does.. Thanks.

Tolga

Dec 1, 2020
The battery size is pretty unusual compared to what is available in AliEXpress.. do you have a chance to look in to them with greater amperage? 5,7ah is pretty week hence the range can only be 50km without rider. So most probably you’d have 20km range with that size of batteries. If you have 10ah that’d be twice as much. It is just a matter of finding better advanced battery pack.

Attachments

Tolga

Dec 1, 2020
The battery size is pretty unusual compared to what is available in AliEXpress

Tolga

Dec 1, 2020
Btw p2 settings should be 1.40 instead of 156 that gives accurate readings in speed.

Tolga

Dec 1, 2020
Today I had a closer look to motor controller. There are couple of cables are dangling and the rest are connected to cables for motor and the LcD screen. My guess for finding a trottle cable is to search and try ones within the cable for motor. D5280506-EC30-4903-9B78-6A123001372D.pngD5280506-EC30-4903-9B78-6A123001372D.png2393DCF0-3DAE-49D5-8347-A9465A60B3FC.png

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You ca check whether that's a throttle connector by shorting the red pin to the green with a paper clip. First, check that there's 5v on the red pin. Don't do it if there's more than that. Also, make sure that the wheel is off the ground.

Tolga

Dec 1, 2020
You ca check whether that's a throttle connector by shorting the red pin to the green with a paper clip. First, check that there's 5v on the red pin. Don't do it if there's more than that. Also, make sure that the wheel is off the ground.
Do you think that cable? Have you tried? I haven’t got multimeter here. Hard to tell the voltage.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It looks like a throttle connector. I can't think of anything else it could be. It's always best to check with a meter rather than take a chance.

Reactions: Tolga

Tolga

Dec 1, 2020
It looks like a throttle connector. I can't think of anything else it could be. It's always best to check with a meter rather than take a chance.
that seems throttle or PAS sensor that are 3 cables.

PAS (pedal assist sensor) has got to be connected as that how it runs.

The other must be it. But if I short circuited in that would blow the motor connector.
let me check it out with voltmeter.

another question.. lets assume that is that I put an on/off switch there or would be better to have a variable switch?
What do you think?

4A6A7C17-394C-4F9A-9DCB-3D0BF91B1D98.jpegF3AE2326-D526-4D7B-9FCD-65B999A4F86B.jpeg

Last edited:

Tolga

Dec 1, 2020
Yes. It is throttle I haven’t checked the voltage but you are right.
i have just been to a bike shop. They showed me this in the picture. Guess what cables are the same colour as the one in the motorcontroller. I think socket is also the same type. They advised me to forget about throttle as it is subject to 500$ flne. So for now I’d just enjoy what it is.251EA4A0-449C-47AA-968E-304D4438BA13.jpegA165B8B1-0302-465F-9267-93A7F9181E49.jpeg

Tolga

Dec 1, 2020
Btw I’ve just tried throttle on the connector green red and black you mentioned. The socket didn’t match so I cut it out and stick the cables to respective colours in the bike.
It works!

D3092D98-1431-49E5-BAD5-A834D65BD88C.png55666000-6678-4649-9FAB-E55A11B4E3BF.jpeg

Last edited:

GASJ

Just Joined
Feb 6, 2021
Hi.. I am new here. I tried the wire hack connected white socket to the black one. Vola speed incased up in speed 2 : 25km in speed 3: 28km 30km. I’ll double check tomorrow.
It feels like the motor reaches at the highest speed in speed 3.
I don’t think you can increase any further. other settings mentioned above for P3 also set as mentioned. But I suspect it may change the voltage on the motor. I am not sure about that. P2 is tire size. I’ll check and observe again to see if ideal one is 156 or 160( as in 160mm tire size) that should reflect your speed nothing more.

As for trottle I think that can be done if I can find the wire diagram of VK3612YS motor controller unit. Looks like it isn’t sold in Alibaba or AliEXpress. So no information about it. I presumed there is some sort of relay in the motor that is triggered by pedal motion. That can be short circuited with a button extension up to the handlebar. Would definitely be easier to solve it on the motor controller though.

second thing the battery is 5,2Ah.Wonder if 10Ah battery available? Any idea. Thanks
hello what sockets do you connet exackly?
thanks

GASJ

Just Joined
Feb 6, 2021
I took it apart to find out which controller it has (it's a WK3612YS), but I couldn't find any information on programming that.

I then trawled the internet for any general ebike speed limit information. I stumbled upon "the mad Rumanian", who on a completely different ebike, disconnected the short white wire that comes out of the controller and goes back into it, and that removed his speed limit, so I searched for the same on my S6.
Not quite the same on the onebot S6. I found a short (10cm) black wire and a short white wire - neither of them were connected to anything, but one had a male and the other a female connector on the end. I took a gamble and connected them together. Hey presto, a slightly faster S6!

I then tried various combinations of the three P3 settings - I don't know exactly what they control, but by changing them you can vary the initial pull away torque and the highest speed.
I found the best compromise to be as follows:
P3-1 = 3
P3-2 = 6
P3-3 = 7
hello

did you already sorted out how to incrise speed? thanks

Advertisers