Project: Carrera Kraken conversion with BBSHD

mephisto

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 23, 2018
1. Possibly the lekkie 46t has about 20mm offset but you can always add a spacer.

2. Not required

3. 46t would be fine for road use I like my 36t for off road stuff

4. Cadence sensor Starts working when you turn the pedals

5. Pass

6. Other people use them I've never bothered.

7. Don't get what you mean, as for hydraulics why not get the hydraulic set off em3ev extra £74 well worth it if your spending that sort of money, they are in the options list.

8. I used andersons and good quality shrink tube on mine I believe if you contact em3ev they will do it for you but you will probably still want to shorten the cables.

9. bafang midrive installation tool absolutely essential in my opinion, otherwise you'll be squeaking after a few 100 miles.

10. You will almost certainly have to re-route your rear derailleur cable from going under the bottom bracket, get some jagwire gear cable housing and run it the full length from shifter to derailleur.

11. Buy plenty of long cable ties and one of those down tube mud guards is a great place to hide wiring behind
Thanks for the comprehensive answer, much appreciated!

The bike taxi guy here has one of those weird trikes with a seat at the back and a roof (IIRC someone on here bought one a couple of years ago). It has a BBS02 36v 500 W motor and the trike weighs 147 kg. He has moped rims and tyres, very large diameter hydraulic disk brakes, a nuvinci hub driving a differential and a very strong single speed chain. Add a couple of passengers (only slim ones fit) and the rider who must be all of 72 kg soaking wet. He is not setting any speed records but that is what that motor is capable of hauling around St-Jean-de-Luz. There are places he will not go because the percentages can get up over 12-13%. A BBSHD would be a good fit for that thing, or any other cargo bike, but I don't seen any use for one on a road bike.
Yeah I get your point, blame that brunopower youtube video making me feel like playing with these things. I know I don't need more than 150hp on my car but I was not happy until we managed to get 430hp out of it, I can tell it is fun :)

Jokes aside, I know it may be overkill, so I'm also considering the BBS02B as an alternative, my idea of the BBSHD is simply for an extra fun, which may be the wrong choice but I can confess it is really tempting still

mephisto

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 23, 2018
regarding LIPOs, considering all pros/cons like many have said these 30Q batteries have very good discharge rate and capacity so I think that would be my route for now

Advertisers