Purion display only staying on for a few seconds

Gnomes

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 11, 2019
My purion display went bad last year
( water ingress) and it became unreadable/ pixelated but I could still use the bike as I could turn the purion on and off.
But today the purion wouldn't turn on at all . I checked the purion battery's which were fine . Checked the powertube battery for dirty connections but fine . I then pressed the button on the side of the battery and the purion display came back to life for about six seconds then went blank/ off. I repeated this numerous times and each time the purion display come on but only for a few seconds .
My bike is a haibike hard seven 2019 .
Any ideas what could be the issue as my bike is powerless as the purion controller won't stay on for more than a few seconds .
This has only happened today and was totally fine up to now

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
might be the same thing again as pretty crap at not keeping water out but you can get a kiox display.

Reactions: Gnomes

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I don't trust waterproof ratings - this rain cover I made using gaffa tape and a thick transparent plastic bag (which my huge tin of Aeroshell arrived in) keeps my display dry. Not tidy, but works. Fold over clear plastic for a seamless cover, then gaffa tape the edges and cut off any excess. I could make it prettier by covering the edges with self-amalgamating rubber tape, but haven't got around to it yet.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
A bit prettier, now that I've got around to going around the edges with self-amalgamating tape, but not by much. This soft rubber will slowly droop to form a watertight seal over time, not that it needs to be, because the thick clear plastic folded-over bag covering the display is seamless, and has been folded over by about an inch and a half all the way around. Rain won't kill my display!

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0022.JPG

nice crack in my screen tho go quad lock :rolleyes: im a motor bike :oops:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
View attachment 51022

nice crack in my screen tho go quad lock :rolleyes: im a motor bike :oops:
Does your case have one of these? If so, there's not much support to keep a large phone like yours flat, and glass likely doesn't do well stretching as the phone ends are bent up and down, for example if you're bumping over pedestrians. There's nothing to apply shock evenly - I'd superglue + baking soda a couple of supporting pencils, aluminium rods or something on the case back horizontally, to stiffen the case. I expect less shock will be transmitted via the Quadlock to the phone, if it was mounted to the handlebar left or right rather than over the stem, because the handlebar will absorb some of the shock.

Advertisers