Purion Display patchy

Gilles27

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 18, 2020
Hi, I have a Cube Touring Hybrid 500 that I bought 2nd hand earlier in the year. I have loved it and done many miles. This week I noticed that some parts of the display were not working as they should, so parts of letters in words were missing etc. It has got worse and now the only thing that is displayed fully is the icon to tell me that my headlights are on. If I change modes grey squares appear and then go. It is frustrating as I have no way of knowing what range I have left and I am having to guess what mode I'm in. The motor seems to be working fine and the lights are still working. My thoughts are that there is either a problem with the batteries in the display unit, or water has got into the unit somehow. Any thoughts?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
change the batts in the display as can go weird if there getting low or if it is still a problem try sticking the display in some rice for 24hrs.

i also use one of these so no water can get in via the buttons.

Reactions: Gilles27

Gilles27

Sep 18, 2020
Thanks. I'll do those things and I'll definitely order that cover. :)

Gilles27

Sep 18, 2020
Hi. I got the cover and then today I changed the batteries. It has had no effect. This is what shows on my display now.

Gilles27

Sep 18, 2020
Do I need a whole new unit? They seem to be around £100 which is pretty pricey - especially when I can't be sure the same won't happen again.

Gilles27

Sep 18, 2020
I have now put the unit in a bag of rice and will check it at some point tomorrow. I haven’t taken the whole unit off the bike as I am concerned I won’t be able to get it back on!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: Gilles27

Advertisers