Raleigh Motus Bosch equipped, Hub gear, Crossbar

jgsi

Just Joined
Dec 17, 2018
Ok guys, looking for first aid actions here on behalf of brother who owns above.
First major issue in 3 years....no power.
The battery is fully charged.
However there is no electric drive whatsoever...and the detachable handlebar controller blinks green.
Does this ring a bell with anyone?
I will have to contact the brother for any additional info required....
As I say this is just the initial call,
Cheers

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Proprietary usually = a visit to a dealer and diagnostics.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Ok guys, looking for first aid actions here on behalf of brother who owns above.
First major issue in 3 years....no power.
The battery is fully charged.
However there is no electric drive whatsoever...and the detachable handlebar controller blinks green.
Does this ring a bell with anyone?
I will have to contact the brother for any additional info required....
As I say this is just the initial call,
Cheers
(Ours is step-through, but I don't think that makes a difference!, and probably older model (2016))
Yes, but not exactly. Ours fails to start or cut out randomly relatively often; maybe once a month or so.
Not much displayed on the Intuvia display; certainly nothing in green as it's monochrome.

Most recently we have found the quickest and most helpful solution is to turn the battery off and on at the little switch on the battery.

Before we used a combination of
remove display, clean contacts (display and holder), replace
wiggle battery a bit (in case of intermittent contact)
remove battery (it's a rack one) and slide back in; usually not possible on the road as we don't carry the key.

That combination always worked ... eventually.

~~~
The rack battery design is very poor. It's very easy to get the battery in so it is connected, but with the battery not properly engaged on the the rails. That can't be good for the battery connections. It's easy enough to fit correctly if you are careful and aware of the issue, just much too easy to fit wrong.

Also you will see several threads on the Intuvia connections not being very good; though that seems to have been fixed in the newer models.

No similar issues with our Woosh MXUSXF07.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Agree with the above, check and recheck all contacts, remove / replace battery several times to exercise the contacting areas, try holding battery up / down / left / right at the contacts end to see if it makes a difference.

All issues I have had with my remotely mounted Shimano battery have been down to not squeezing the connector tightly enough into the battery.

Worth a check of the wheel sensor and magnet, but if that is wrong normally the bike will start for a few wheel revolutions and then stop, so probably not that.

jgsi

Just Joined
Dec 17, 2018
Cheers, yes, brother has been told there is a battery reset button, but finding it..I don't think he has seen one...anyways passing on the tips.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I didn't find it for years. Just next to the little lights on the battery, and very discrete.

Advertisers