Re-calibration of power modes ?

stevew

Pedelecer
I am using a king-meter j-lcd unit on my bike and the last 4 power settings seem to be the same !
1/ cuts out at about 10mph
2/ will run right up to the motors max which is about 19mph
3,4,& 5 all seem the same as 2 !!

I have the max speed cut out set for 40kph so i reckon i'm using the motor's max revs controlled by the voltage.
My reckoning was that if i set the cut out to a figure higher than i will ever go i will be able to get the most from the motor ;)

Can these be re-calibrated to give a more useful progression?
I have found the manual on line
http://www.king-meter.com/upload/files/Specifications of J-LCD V2.0.pdf
but there is no mention of this.

Motor is a 8fun 350watt in a 26" wheel running on 36v Samsung Lipo

D

Deleted member 4366

What controller do you have? Is it using current control or speed control? If it's using current control, the speed will be the same, but the power will be different. You'll only see the difference in speed on a hill.

stevew

Pedelecer
LSW947-10-2. This is a 20 Amp controller

The only specs I have to hand are the ones stamped on the side of the controller – see photo below.

Got this from the supplier.
Tried to feel any difference on hills but even on steep hills i can't perceive anything :confused:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I believe the assist level parameters are stored on the LCD and there is a program that can copy the program from an LCD to another. Contact your supplier for assistance.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That's a Luishi 20a model the same one Woosh use on the big bear and I guess on some other models.

Advertisers