Rear derailer repair or replace?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Ah, are they all different then?
yep for every different frame there can be only one that will work with what you have.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
ill find one just give us a mo lol i seen them some where puter bit slow these days :rolleyes:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
a-rws12 now there is a clue ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

https://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/Scott-eBike-Mech-Hanger

Please Note: This product is only available to customers who purchased their bike direct from us. This part is held in stock and is available to our customers for a quick and convenient solution. We do not supply this product to those who have bought their bikes from others.

:rolleyes:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so did you fix this with a new hanger?

Reactions: EddiePJ

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
so did you fix this with a new hanger?
Hey SW, sorry, problems at home so not been able to deal with it.
I had assumed that they were all the same and was a bit put off by what was on offer when I googled gear hanger so was going to take it in and have it looked at, but cant really be away from home for the time it takes to ride over and wait while they check it over so havnt bothered. A simple, inexpensive bolt on solution appeals so thanks for the links and will get on with ordering one this weekend and see how I go.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
The gear hanger arrived and looks the same as the other one but the small outer part was oh so slightly different and didn't fit right so used the old bit and all went together well. On the stand it changes fine up and down so will see it works ok under load next time I go out.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it does look at bit thicker in the pic but at least the main part fits ;)

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
it does look at bit thicker in the pic but at least the main part fits ;)
No there wasn't a difference there. The small bit has a flange that slots into the axle hole and the new one was slightly larger so had to be forced in. I chose to use the old one rather than force it in.
Hopefully it's now in perfect working condition so can try to sell it.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Related Articles

Advertisers