Replace freehub or wheel?

ehbike

Just Joined
Mar 11, 2018
UK
I have the same problem Haibike Sduro with Rodi wheel. The hub free wheels in both directions:( - I got it off and bought another free hub which looked very similar BUT the thread was completely different. SO do check before you buy/try and screw in another hub!! I'm trying to scource from Haibike or Rodi. If anyone can help please let me know.

ehbike

Just Joined
Mar 11, 2018
UK
I thick the free hub above has a coarser thread than I have on my removed free hub. The coarser thread ones seem to be very common

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I thought e-bikes required hubs & freehubs that could handle higher torque, if not it'll make my life easier. Thanks for the info.
Nice thought! Did you not wonder about that after your free-hub failed? What do all the guys who fit 1000w BBSHD crank motors use? I'll tell you. Standard bicycle parts, which is all you need. You can fit any wheel you want that has the right rim size, the right drop-out width, the right axle and the disc brake fitting.

You can dismantle the freehub to see what the problem is. Pawls are normally standard parts, so you can find them for another hub once you know what they look like.

Advertisers