Replacing DP C18 display

Banjosa

Just Joined
Jan 12, 2023
Hi all. Need some advice. I was planning to buy new Bafang DP C18 display to replace one which, for reasons I don’t understand, will only switch on when I plug my phone into the usb socket and will only turn off after the standard 5 minutes!!. However, the new displays all come with a round Higo Micro-B connector (green, 5 pins) whereas my Jorvik mountain trike has a more triangle shaped Higo Mini-F connector (also green, 5-pins).
Firstly, can anyone out there tell me how to get round the above problem. Secondly, will all DP C18s work with my mid engined trike, including lights and brake light.
Many thanks for reading this

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
The round 5-pin plug is for bikes that use UART comms, and the triangular version CANbus. Many Bafang displays are made in both versions; you need to stick with the plug type/protocol being used.

Reactions: Banjosa

Banjosa

Just Joined
Jan 12, 2023
Understand now why I need a CAN display bu can anybody explain why I can only switch on my display by plugging my phone into the integral usb port?!! Works every time and I can then operate the display (and trike) using the 5 button control, except that I have to wait for the display to switch itself off (currently set for 5 mins) and turn it on by plugging my phone into usb then removing it, which lights up the display. This is driving me nuts!

Advertisers