Requiring a little advice on re-wiring

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Thanks in advance...

(video coming soon)I managed to trail and error a 3 wire throttle (black, red & green) to "julet" waterproof connector (black, red & white) and it works fine however it was really easy to plug n try, as the throttle is easy access... Now its time for the new PAS, again 3 wire Black Yellow and Brown I think I have figured out the inputs for these -Brown 5V, yellow signal & black Ground correct me if I am wrong now again I am connecting it to a 3 pin Julet WP and really don't have the energy to trail n error this, the Julet is the same Black R W - Can any one offer me some guidance on the julet connectors inputs please and when I am done I will edit and post 2 videos and some edited pictures with labels for any one else who wishes to play God with there ebike I am now customising cray cray! If you need pics let me know

D

Deleted member 4366

Cut the lot off, solder and heat-shrink them. if you ever need to disconnect (unlikely) cut them. All that is just as quick and convenient as connectors, but a lot more reliable.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Yep d8veh thats the plan -Julet Waterproof mould connector.jpgBut do you have any ideas of what the 5V GND and signal are on the julet Wproof moulded connectors are ?? otherwise its trial and error:confused::rolleyes:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Just checked with the seller's [PSWpower] pictures and I am right about the PAS wires Brown 5V, Black ground and Yellow signal. Now just the connector which I have been calling "julet" but now have found and alternative name for them HIGO connectors, well proves what I know, anyway back to my quandary, My best guesstimate based on my understanding or lack of... is RED 5v BLACK ground and white signal.

The main reason, I believe, for my confusion is the way I had to wire this new throttle up my Julet/HIGO connector was as is, R,Black,W and the throttle was R,G,Black... bear with me on this...

I tried red to red - Black to black and green to white - error 1 info!!!

It ended up been (connect first) red to green (thorttle) - Black to black (thorttle) and white to red (thorttle), I am leaning towards the throttle being wired up wrong, well that's my excuse anyway:eek::mad::(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Yep d8veh thats the plan -View attachment 23283But do you have any ideas of what the 5V GND and signal are on the julet Wproof moulded connectors are ?? otherwise its trial and error:confused::rolleyes:
I don't understand. if they're not connected, you can make them whatever you want. The only important thing is that you connect the sensor's 5v to 5v, ground to ground and signal to signal.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I have just edited my previous comment - PAS and HIGO.jpg Sorry loosing myself as well - I have cut both wires and plan to splice them not solder direct to the PAS

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Trial and error it shall be, however it all ended in error.

the only combinations that achieved results... results being little red LED lighting up when magnetic disk was spinning and the display not freezing were

PAS Higo/julet connector
Brown to white
Black to Black
Yellow to Red
&

Brown RED
Black White
Yellow Black

Well at least the new throttle was easy :(:mad::confused:

Edit - I am going to put this event down to a faulty PAS sensor - As a final attempt to have PAS on my bike I went back to my original PAS stripped it down re-soldered a new wire and it worked maybe doesn't look the part as I did hack it to bits a while back - video to follow

Last edited:

Advertisers