RideControl ONE on 2019 Giant Ebikes

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
Must confess Iv'e been drooling over a £3499 Giant Trance E+3 recently although dubious about a few items on it. The handlebars are something like 4" wider than my present ones. In my minds eye I see them catching on the tree trunks flashing by on local single tracks! Then there is the miniscule RideControl ONE as a replacement to the screens of earlier models. At least it looks tougher and is cheaper if it does get mashed. The idea is to link it with a smart phone via an Android App to get other info such as speed, distance, cadence etc. And to program the motor to get you to your destination before the battery goes flat. All very fine in theory......typical hype over reality as a visit to the App page comments proves. So buggy it crashes regularly loosing the info you wanted to save. About the only thing it is good for is to update and reprogram the motor. Has anyone here had experience of this?
Of course the problem at my age is that if you wait too long to make up your mind, it may well be too late!

Eagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2012
Of course the problem at my age is that if you wait too long to make up your mind, it may well be too late!
Charliefox,
Well if you find one in your size, then go for it because they appear to be much in demand. Tredz etc are taking pre-orders.
The bar width can be easily fettled to your personal requirements with either a hacksaw or an angle grinder!

argoose

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2017
south wales
How far do you plan to travel? I did 28km over the Beacons today and used 28% battery.
I just changed from EVO control (screen) to the Ride One. Was told it was compatible with my motor, sort of is, not full App compatible and have only High power and Low power.
To be fair to the dealers they asked head office and were told yes. I said done it, not compatible. Head office stumped and asked HQ Europe, they said s5 yes, s3 no.
Guess which one I have : (
I quite like only two assist levels , I definitely use all the rear cassette and two modes is the same as a double front ring. If it becomes an issue further down the line I'll swap back

Related Articles

Advertisers