Serious Design Flaw in Wisper 905SE

oregon

Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2008
Palmers Green, London
Hello everyone

I posted this in the main forum but was advised to post here, so here it is.

I have had my Wisper 905SE for 4 weeks now and have discovered a major flaw.

Yesterday I noticed a grinding noise while cycling. I stopped to check and was horrified to discover the main wire running from the motor to the battery was getting caught in the wheel spokes.

Upon closer inspection, I found the wire had worn away and the inner wiring was exposed! This is a serious problem. I was extremely lucky that I caught onto the problem in time, as had the wire worn just a millimetre more, it would have short circuited and ruined the bike.

I have attached a photo to this post.

For a £1200 bike, this is unacceptable. I have had to put insulating tape around the exposed wire to prevent water getting in.

This happened as there is NO proper cable tidy keeping the wire away from the moving wheel. It was just tucked behind the mudguard. This is nothing short of shoddy workmanship. I now need to purchase a cable tidy to prevent this happening again.

Other owners of this bike should beware and make sure the wire is properly tied away.

I am not happy about this and very disappointed in Wisper. Nothing short of appalling.

Attachments

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Wow!

Hi Oregon

Thanks for bringing this to our notice!

Have you contacted us or your supplier yet? If not please do so and it will be rectified immediately.

You are absolutely correct this is totally unacceptable, if anyone has the same problem please drop us a line ASAP.

either

doug.gosling@wisperbikes.com or me at miall@aol.com.

Please accept our apologies Oregon and thanks again for bringing ot to our attention and letting other new 905 owners know.

Best regards David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Chages in inspection routines

Hi again Oregon

I have just spoken to the QC guys at the factory. The fault had already been identified. It appears that one or two got through checking but we have put in new measures to ensure this does not happen again.

FYI as a result of this we have increased the full inspection from 20% of bikes to 100% as of today.

This is mind numbingly boring but here is a link to the video of the full inspection! YouTube - wisper 905Se city inspection video

Best regards David

Advertisers