Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
hi all
ive a judder in my front wheel and power loss
the motor is in front wheel hub
any ideas as to wot this could be

thanx
Hi and welcome. More info please. Pics, video, age of components, mileage, brand, type of motor, etc. It may help the more informed to inform you better. :)

Reactions: Mac_user82

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
hi all
ive a judder in my front wheel and power loss
the motor is in front wheel hub
any ideas as to wot this could be

thanx
Fault diagnosis eventually should lead to your issue !

Lets start with the obvious power loss and the battery, is it lithium ( li-on ) or Lead acid (SLA very heavy).
Also the charged battery voltage.
If the battery is deemed ok then we can look at wiring faults, whilst mentioning the battery check the battery connection/docking point. Make sure the connections aren't corroded or blackened through shorting.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A few simple wiring checks can be made before any voltage or resistance readings are undertaken.
There should be a motor wire connection running up the front forks pull it a part align the arrows adjacent to each other and push together up to the marked line or unitl you feel/here a faint click.
3 Phase wires can be visually checked, for this you need to access the controller wire out connections. For each wire one at a time disconnect and ensure the fitting is tight and corrosion free also check the wire end connector for a firm joint with each wire. If a sensored hub their will be a white block connector with 5 or 6 wires, check that these are firm in the holder.

Advertisers