Size of text

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Apologies Alan

Just worked out you have to highlight it in the browser bar...then do the shift plus

All sorted Many thanks
Or to expand the lot without highlighting, hold down Ctrl and hit the + sign as many times as you need. To reverse that, Ctrl and the minus sign.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
While we are talking text !
I do all my online stuff via my iPad.
Rather than wearing my reading glasses I double tap the screen to enlarge the text. Only on this forum when I enlarge the text the adverts on the right hand side of the screen also enlarge and then cover part of the text, most anoying :mad:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Can you read this Tony;)

I don't need that Ctrl ++ dodge for text, my eyesight is even better than when I was a teenager since getting old age cataracts fixed privately with the monovision method.

But it's on the Natural History Museum website where I work doing identifications for the public that Ctrl ++ comes in useful. They often post phone photos of tiny bugs etc with the subject very small in the centre and difficult to see, and that's when enlargement is useful. Here's an example photo from today, (it's a Firebrat, Thermobia domestica, sometimes listed as Thermophila furnorum.)

Firebrat.jpg

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

I don't need that Ctrl ++ dodge for text, my eyesight is even better than when I was a teenager since getting old age cataracts fixed privately with the monovision method.

But it's on the Natural History Museum website where I work doing identifications for the public that Ctrl ++ comes in useful. They often post phone photos of tiny bugs etc with the subject very small in the centre and difficult to see, and that's when enlargement is useful. Here's an example photo from today, (it's a Firebrat, Thermobia domestica, sometimes listed as Thermophila furnorum.)

View attachment 13223
Hi Tony,

My post was intended for the other Tony in this thread, so glad that I haven't got such a common first name:)

Thanks for the info on the Firebrat, the stuff you learn on this forum never ceases to amaze.

Why do I feel the sudden urge to scratch?

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for the info on the Firebrat, the stuff you learn on this forum never ceases to amaze.

Why do I feel the sudden urge to scratch?
No need to scratch if you're not trying to destroy the planet by overheating your place. This insect likes hot places and is often found in furnace areas, an alien from hot zones of course but now well established in Britain's overcooked centrally heated homes.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
My post was intended for the other Tony in this thread, so glad that I haven't got such a common first name:)
Oh I see what you did there! :rolleyes: Us Tony's are not like your regular Tom Dick or Harry. Ooops guess the Toms won't be too pleased with that remark :D

anothertony :p

Advertisers