Some people...

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Pulled up outside the farmers' store yesterday and went in. When I came back out there was a bloke standing looking at the bike. Not a problem, and he started asking me about it and I was telling him stuff.
Suddenly, he started pulling and messing around with it, exclaiming about this, that and the other (leccy motors being an odd thing, apparently).
I got a bit pi55ed off at this - as I didn't recall if I'd switched off the power button and it occurred to me he might twist the throttle, not being familiar with it. I told him to leave it alone, to put it down and step away from it.
He went in the huff. :)
Tough sheet, pal. Keep your hands to yourself - I wouldn't come up to one of your possessions and behave as if it's my own. Cheeky sod.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Pulled up outside the farmers' store yesterday and went in. When I came back out there was a bloke standing looking at the bike. Not a problem, and he started asking me about it and I was telling him stuff.
Suddenly, he started pulling and messing around with it, exclaiming about this, that and the other (leccy motors being an odd thing, apparently).
I got a bit pi55ed off at this - as I didn't recall if I'd switched off the power button and it occurred to me he might twist the throttle, not being familiar with it. I told him to leave it alone, to put it down and step away from it.
He went in the huff. :)
Tough sheet, pal. Keep your hands to yourself - I wouldn't come up to one of your possessions and behave as if it's my own. Cheeky sod.
Hi Dave this has happened to me on two different occasions, where their hands and fingers are all over the bike and controls. I will not go any further explaining what happened next being that this is a (PG) website.

MS.

D

Deleted member 4366

I came out of a shop one time to find a guy sitting on a bench next to my bike like he was waiting for me. He was very friendly, in fact a bit too friendly, and asked lots of questions. Then came the question that I was expecting, "Can I have a go on it?". Naturally I refused.

Richard_M

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
Ely, East Englia.
"Can I have a go on it?". Naturally I refused.
My experience, too. Some folk are just a bit too interested. I did a temp job where a helpful chap suggested a bit too often that I didn't need to lock my bike nor carry that heavy chain.

Just suppose (to a stranger): "I like the look of your car, could I take it for a drive ?".
Yeah right.

My friends have had a blast on my bike, as they should. They just might embrace the technology and end up here :)

Advertisers