Spare Battery Battery Management System

Jeff G

Just Joined
Feb 1, 2024
I have a Battery Pack 36v 15.6 Amp Hour, which would not work I checked all the battery packs and they appeared OK so I bought a new Battery Management System for it soldered it in and tried it out it runs great on my folder bike, but the problem is when I try to charge it, it’s reading full on my charger when I have checked the voltage across the charger input connectors it is reading 36 volts even though I know the battery is only half full as I have ridden 20 miles, my other battery that I normally use is 36v 10 Ah it reads 3.6v across the charger port I have checked and appears to be wired correctly, I could not find an exact match for BMS that was originally on the pack, but picked a compatible one. Do you have any ideas?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Show us all of the BMS connections and the multi cable sense wire connections.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
You should be able to see the battery voltage on the battery's charge socket. If you can't, you wired something incorrectly or the charge fuse is blown. If you can, it should charge, so something must be wrong with the charger.

Jeff G

Just Joined
Feb 1, 2024
You should be able to see the battery voltage on the battery's charge socket. If you can't, you wired something incorrectly or the charge fuse is blown. If you can, it should charge, so something must be wrong with the charger.
The battery charger is working fine on my 10Ah battery but just reading full on my 15.6 Ah battery and it charged the 15.6 Ah battery prior to changing the BMA because there was no output?

Advertisers