Specialized Turbo Levo - what app settings are you using?

braylew

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2015
hi Nick I leave assistance levels the same and mainly ride in eco and trail but I set acceleration response to normal as I find it better for control out of slower corners I set motor current at 80 as I couldn't tell any difference to when set on 100 I assume 80 would give me better battery range. hope you happy with yours I well impressed with mine.whats happened with your dropper post cable looks missing.

Reactions: LeighPing

earthmover

Pedelecer
Aug 11, 2016
Cheshire
Hi Nick,
Had mine for a few months now, really pleased with it. Dropped the "Eco" assistance level down to 15%, left the other two as they were. Pedal response I moved to halfway between "normal" and "race", everything else set to default. 15% is enough for me to keep up with fitter mates uphill, downhill isn't a problem, and my battery lasts for at least a couple of rides.
Mark

Reactions: LeighPing

Alex Blyth

Just Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Crawley
Hi all I have just got my Turbo Levo HT 6 Fattie after a couple of trial rides and I set Eco to 20% but I'm going to reduce to 15% so I can keep up with the alpha males but not **** them off!! I have set trail to 50% which is more than enough I have reduced pedal response to normal to stop rear wheel spin on on steep steps and root gardens,
My question is what to set motor and battery currant at to maximise battery life I have reasonable fitness so I'm looking for a small push over a longer day?
Cheers Alex

braylew

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2015
specialized recommend setting the motor current between 30% and 70% reducing the motor current gives more range than reducing the assistance levels according to them, I now run mine 20 40 75 and 60% motor current haven't notice a real drop in performance seems a bit better range tho

braylew

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2015
I think you have to get used to how a levo delivers its power as soon as you ease off the power the system senses it and reduces the power which can be confused with a power drops answer is keep pedalling. before I got my expert with 504w battery I had a demo comp with 460w for a weekend which managed 30 mile runs ok with still 20% left in the battery. The levo is a great handling bike up and down hill.There is a update from specialized out in February 2017 which dealers will be told about eco can go to 0% and range will have some updates.

Richard-Ebike

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
sheffield
How do you find the same rides with the 504w .. do you have much more left ?

also what setting was that on .. or was the app looking after it and you had set a range / power left ?

Do you know any more about the update what its going to address / fix and update ?

The 460 to 504 is not a massive but just wish they had the 504 on the comp would be one less thing to compare to the other bike with a 500w option

Cheers

Richard

braylew

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2015
How do you find the same rides with the 504w .. do you have much more left ?

also what setting was that on .. or was the app looking after it and you had set a range / power left ?

Do you know any more about the update what its going to address / fix and update ?

The 460 to 504 is not a massive but just wish they had the 504 on the comp would be one less thing to compare to the other bike with a 500w option

Cheers

Richard
The runs I did on the comp with 460w was a mix of eco 20% and 50% to be honest don't think your get much difference with the 504w the update will allow you to set eco to 0% and their are software updates to improve the range aswell full details have not been released yet.do you have a dealer in mind for the levo.

Richard-Ebike

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
sheffield
Hi yes I have borrowed a haibike from them and the levo is next to test
He said I must test it so make sure I get a feel for both systems .. I have been on both bosh and yam systems.

The levo just looks so much better. Had a test outside the shop but need a day out on it.

I do like how you set the power on the slides but on the other system like the Yam you have eco+ that gives a long range.

braylew

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2015
i have had 2 haibikes all mountain pro and a nduro pro with bosch motors. the bosch motors give more power with less effort which is great if that's what you want where with the levo the more you put in the more you get back which feels more natural.if you ride the levo in eco 20% assistance 45 plus mile rides should be no problem depends how far you want to go.

Richard-Ebike

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
sheffield
See One thing I want is to enjoy it and also get fit .. not looking for the total get out but a helping hand making it more fun and the option to have a big help when needed. change the level when needed and the Levo I just need to get the button add on to make it like the other haibike.

The Levo just Looks stunning and blends in without saying look at me

think 45 would be more than enough. Tho depends on the hills .. but least you can have the power where and when you like using the app to fine tune

The range the manufacturer says it seems it's like the MPG on cars bit overrated. Just want to get the best option I can for my ££

Hoping to find some people from South Yorkshire as I am sure an Ebike ride is more fun when you are all on them.

Richard

Cheers for the info helps

Reactions: Mountie

Related Articles

Advertisers