Specialized

pea

Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2012
I've got a specialized bike, I'm considering adding a kit to it but that's another story. Anyway, last Wednesday I had a disaster with the gears, resulted in two big chunks of paint getting damaged all the way down to the frame, to say I was gutted would be an understatement.

Off I went to halfords for some touch up paint and they had nothing that was anywhere near it, its a strange colour, brown with a hint of red in certain lights and a silk finish, i came home and emailed specialized to ask where could I get touch up paint for it, they asked what bike it was, I sent a pic. They emailed me back saying they don't have a touch up for that particular colour but as a goodwill gesture they would send me two touch up pots that are the nearest match, free of charge as well. They arrived in the post the next day, neither of them are a bad match and if you didn't know it was there you wouldn't notice it.

I can't thank specialized enough, they didn't owe me any goodwill gestures. Just thought that I'd share this cause on most of the forums I go on people seem quick to criticise, so I thought I'd let everyone know how sometimes companies get it right. After all, happy bike makes a happy me, lol!

Pea.

Advertisers