Speed Re-strictor removal

Perforator

Just Joined
Sep 4, 2019
Did you measure the battery's voltage o see ifthe LCD is reading correctly. You should measure it directly onthe battery terminals plus on the connector where the LCD plugs in. Be very careful not to short any pins in that connector when you're measuring.
Yes i did.It's 53.4 volt
The battery is ok.The problem is with display unit (configuration of display/remote)
For testing i've exchange the unit to identical one and it shows 53+
That's why i'm pretty sure that the problem is with configuration of monitor/remote (not sure what is correct name of the display :) )

It's like somehow display was configured for more than 48 volt capacity and now it's not showing correct voltage

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I've never seen any voltage adjustment in any LCD. I've seen one LCD that showed the wrong voltage before, which showed about 5V higher than the actual voltage. That was solved with a new LCD.

The LCDs that I studied measured the voltage with a simple divider that goes directly to the LCD's CPU. The only way the calibration could change is if one of the divider's resistors changed its value. No current goes through them so I can't see how that can happen unless one is not soldered properly.

One thing that might work is if the LCD has a reset. It's a long time since I looked at one of those LCDs and I don't remember seeing that possibility, but it's worth looking through the settings just in case.

Perforator

Just Joined
Sep 4, 2019
You can configure (from system settings) 36/48 volt capacity and depend of the settings it will show different parameter of battery volume.Not in my case but I saw it on newer magnum bike 2018 with das-kit c6 (maybe different revision?)

Reset- yes.That will be nice to have but unfortunately a can't find how to do it with das kit c6

Webby

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 22, 2019
I've found the following thread on the German pedelec forum. Looks like they successfully derestricted the NCM Moscow +, but it needs some soldering, programming, and a micro-controller:
Your help is really appreciated but as I am not very technical I cant really understand what needs to be done. I was hoping to find a plug in option or even someone to do it for me with the knowledge.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I spent some time talking with the NCM guys at the Cycle Show. One told me that the speed limit is fixed in the software in the LCD and the only way to release it is to buy the more expensive unrestricted LCD, though I suspect, but can't confirm, that you could buy an unrestricted LCD from Aliexpress; however, I know that the designer used to reverse his connectors so that you had to buy his ones when you needed replacements. That would mean that you'd have to cut off connectors and solder the wires (all colour-matched).

Another solution is to buy a different controller and LCD, which cost about £70 for a complete set including PAS and throttle. That's a useful option if you want an independent throttle.

I think NCM have an office in the UK. Do a search. You can probably buy the unrestricted LCD from them. I think it costs about £150.

In Wigan. Tel.: 44 1942 932 112

Last edited:
Reactions: Webby

Webby

Jul 22, 2019
I spent some time talking with the NCM guys at the Cycle Show. One told me that the speed limit is fixed in the software in the LCD and the only way to release it is to buy the more expensive unrestricted LCD, though I suspect, but can't confirm, that you could buy an unrestricted LCD from Aliexpress; however, I know that the designer used to reverse his connectors so that you had to buy his ones when you needed replacements. That would mean that you'd have to cut off connectors and solder the wires (all colour-matched).

Another solution is to buy a different controller and LCD, which cost about £70 for a complete set including PAS and throttle. That's a useful option if you want an independent throttle.

I think NCM have an office in the UK. Do a search. You can probably buy the unrestricted LCD from them. I think it costs about £150.

In Wigan. Tel.: 44 1942 932 112
Thank you for that it is very useful. I have tried the Wigan number below and won't connect and unable to find a contact number for the Wigan outlet.

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
When I was asking about a pannier rack I had a response by email from them which said:
"We currently have no parts we are in process of moving or factory which has resulted in a delay in parts and bikes being dispatched. " It was from

Theresa Cunliffe
Sales Support Lead
T: 01942 932 115
F: 01942 244 556
E: theresa.cunliffe@leoncycle.com

That was back in July.

You could also try Leon Cycles Germany (support@leoncycle.de) and Australia (support.au@leoncycle.com).

I ended up buying a pannier rack from Leon Cycles Australia as Germany was also out of stock!

Webby

Jul 22, 2019
When I was asking about a pannier rack I had a response by email from them which said:
"We currently have no parts we are in process of moving or factory which has resulted in a delay in parts and bikes being dispatched. " It was from

Theresa Cunliffe
Sales Support Lead
T: 01942 932 115
F: 01942 244 556
E: theresa.cunliffe@leoncycle.com

That was back in July.

You could also try Leon Cycles Germany (support@leoncycle.de) and Australia (support.au@leoncycle.com).

I ended up buying a pannier rack from Leon Cycles Australia as Germany was also out of stock!
Unfortunately Leon Cycles Germany say that the bike cannot be de-resricted. I have emailed Theresa to see if can offer a UK contact number that works.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
If the controller is programmable, and you have got the information on how to do it, then programming a smaller wheel size would probably be an easy option to go.....
But do not forget that some bikes, the higher road speed brings with it an unacceptably high speed of rotation of the pedals and cranks, and certain parts might need to be replaced to make it more acceptable.
Furthermore, if you are ever say involved in an accident, or even just a "misunderstanding" with another road user, who has noticed or believes that you may have broken the speed restrictions on unregistered electric bike, the police will most probably examine your bike in more detail.....
I know that the percentages are "for" you, and its most unlikely, but that has to be your own personal choice.
Earlier on this year, on my totally legal bike (except for the hand grip throttle), I was able to exceed 40 KMH for a short time on a steep downhill forest stretch, as I wanted to find out just how fast my Weimaraner could run (well over 40KMH by the way!), IT WAS TOTALLY TERRIFYING!
I tend to think that normal bike attire and a normal bike helmet, all would be completely useless if I came off at that speed! So really motorbike attire would be a good choice.
I am personally therefore quite happy with the legal limit and the controller programming restriction of 25KMH!
regards
Andy
On my totally legal Motus, I hit 50 km.hr until a smigin of common sense surfaced in my brain, and I allowed myself slow down ,before my brains actually did surface. It is actually provable, as the Bosch display records maximum speed and it is still there 3 years later.

Advertisers