Speedbox 3.0

darren66

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2020
To confirm, just fitted a Speedbox 3.0 on my 2020 Cube with a Bosch CX performance gen 4 motor, works perfectly.
Further to my original review, today the Speedbox 3.0 failed
I have only covered just over 300 miles with it fitted, it's only been switched on for a small percentage of that time, maybe 20 miles...
I was riding down a country lane at approx 16-18mph when the motor cut out and the display was showing random speeds. I switched it off and back on again, in walk mode it now shows 1.5 and 4.6 instead of 1.5 and 6.1. I've now removed it and returned for refund as I've now lost confidence.

• :D
Reactions: Amoto65

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
tbh i dont like software dongles and would always go with a bad ass dongle as less chance it can go wrong with a firmware update.

not that they wont go wrong like anything anyway it is just less chance of problems mine still works after 5 years just needs new batt and never been a problem.

darren66

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2020
Further to my original review, today the Speedbox 3.0 failed
I have only covered just over 300 miles with it fitted, it's only been switched on for a small percentage of that time, maybe 20 miles...
I was riding down a country lane at approx 16-18mph when the motor cut out and the display was showing random speeds. I switched it off and back on again, in walk mode it now shows 1.5 and 4.6 instead of 1.5 and 6.1. I've now removed it and returned for refund as I've now lost confidence.
I've since purchased and fitted another...
Either I had a dud, as no error codes came up and the bike was fine again once I'd switched it off and back on, or I think I might have gone through the max speed setting process on the fly, as I remember going up and down the assistance levels before the bike played up?

Sunstoner

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 29, 2020
I've since purchased and fitted another...
Either I had a dud, as no error codes came up and the bike was fine again once I'd switched it off and back on, or I think I might have gone through the max speed setting process on the fly, as I remember going up and down the assistance levels before the bike played up?
Hey @darren66 How are you getting on with the speedbox 3? Is it still performing ok?

Im tempted and thought id check to see how youre getting on.

Cheers

Ste

Advertisers