Speedict Neptune BMS

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
Speedict Technology have launched their own BMS for 10S or 13S packs, called Neptune. It connects via low-power bluetooth to a mobile phone to display and track individual cell voltages, to balance the cells and monitor pack temperature. It will also provide charge / discharge protection via the external Neptune Guard board which just plugs in. The website is speedict.com. In fact the entire website seems to be given over to this new product - there doesn't seem to be any way to order their Mars, Venus or Mercury products any more. The price is 99 Euros including shipping for pre-orders.

I like the idea, but they don't say when shipping will be, or if the Neptune Guard board is included for this price. Also they don't show the Neptune Guard board at all - how big is it?

Interesting product which looks good and is from a reputable manufacturer, but I think I need to wait until I see more.

Michael

Edit: I've emailed them to ask the above questions and will post any information I receive.

D

Deleted member 4366

Is that a complete BMS or just the logger/monitor?

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
With the external Neptune Guard board it's a complete BMS, without it is a logger / monitor as you say.

D

Deleted member 4366

They don't make it clear if the Neptune Guard Board costs extra, otherwise I'd order a couple.

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
They don't make it clear if the Neptune Guard Board costs extra, otherwise I'd order a couple.
Exactly. I've asked them this, and the other questions in the first post, via email so will await their reply and post here.

Michael

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
Well, I've received a reply to my email:
The website mentions 99 Euros shipped. Does this include the Neptune Guard external board? How large is the Neptune Guard?
it is not include NEPTUNE Guard, Neptune Guard is an option accessory for NEPTUNE and its size ~ 55 x 35 x 7mm
When would shipping be? I see the website states Pre-Order, so I guess they are not ready for shipping now?
we schedule the shipment date on end of March after long chinese new year holiday when china factory back to normal operation.
Also the website now seems to be completely given over to Neptune - is it no longer possible to order Mars, Venus or Mercury? There are no links to any of these products.
we still offer Mercury, Mars and Venus, we just want to introduce NEPTUNE right before chinese new year holiday to market, so after holiday we will continue to add Mars Mercury and Venus back to our new website.

All fine, but it is disappointing that Neptune Guard is not included in the cost. It's a fairly expensive system anyway (compared to Speedict's other products and to normal BMS costs) and I still don't know how much the Guard board is either - that'll be the next question.

Michael

D

Deleted member 4366

It seems a bit strsnge that it can't work without Neptune guard, and they don't give any details of what Neptune Guard is and how much it costs.

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
I've had a further response - Neptune Guard target price is around €49 and shipment date is the same as the Neptune itself.

It'll work without Neptune Guard but only as a data monitor / logger. For it to be a full BMS it does require the Guard board and will be a total of nearly €150. For me that is too much for a BMS, even with the Euro - GBP exchange rate as good as it is now!

Michael

Advertisers