Squealing/Squeaking Noise

ttxela

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
Cambridgeshire
My Kalkhoff ProConnect 9G has developed a squeaky squeal that is quite loud. I'm aware of the issues with the Impulse2 motors and it's definitely not clacking. The noise stops when I stop pedalling so it's definitely drive related. I've attempted to determine if it is the motor by turning the pedals lazily at speed so the motor is not assisting and the squeak continues so I don't think it's the motor.

I've had a good look around the crank and chain-guard and derailleur and can't see anything causing it. Off the bike and turning the pedals I can't get it to squeak but as soon as I get on and ride it the squeak starts again.....

Any ideas?

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
This isn,t an answer..just that I had the same problem with my lapierre a couple of months ago..exactly as you describe above..the squeaking was so loud I didn,t wanna ride it...it seemed to have started after I over enthusiasticly washed the bike...anyways I didn,t ride for around ten days or so..when I did get back on it the squeaking was not so often an not so loud..after a couple of rides it disappeared altogether an hasn,t returned ..just wondering if your bike has had a good soaking lately?...as that seemed to trigger my problem.

ttxela

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Well it was a bit wet yesterday but I've been out in a lot worse. I've had to use the car today and probably will have to tomorrow too but should be back on it on Friday.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
This may sound a bit strange but it's worth checking the saddle. Brooks are particularly prone to this but I've had it with other makes as well. As you move around whilst pedalling a squeak/creak can sound to be coming from somewhere else.
Dave.

ttxela

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Definitely not the saddle, had a good hunt round last night and still could not locate the source. Squealing and squeaking like a pig stuck in a cage full of mice on the first half of the ride to work this morning then just stopped halfway for no obvious reason. The rest of my ride was silent bliss.....

Reactions: D C

Advertisers