Suspension seat post & drink bottle holder oxygen s cross mk11 mtb

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
Well must say my s cross mtb arrived yesterday and after riding a full suspension yesterday 6 miles killed my butt . Will a suspension seat post and decent seat make much difference and what size is required , also where are you fitting drinks bottle and what kits

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
Sorry your post is a little confusing, it says "and after riding a full suspension yesterday 6 miles killed my butt ".

Does your MTB have full suspension or is it just a hard tail.

A full suspension bike will be far superior to a suspension seat post, I am speaking from experience.

Most seat posts come in 1 of 3 diameter sizes - 27.2mm, 30.9mm and 31.6mm.

You will have to find the diameter of your seat post tube first, maybe if you post the exact make and model of your bike we can help.

However I would imagine swapping the seat out only will make a big difference, but getting the correct one for your "butt" will be a bit trial and error.

As for drinks bottles etc, again it will depend on your bike model and frame, so a model will help. Most are fixed with two screws set a standard distance apart, your frame will have a couple of possible locations, but it will also depend on what else you will want to carry, and how much space you have for what size of bottle etc.

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
Sorry your post is a little confusing, it says "and after riding a full suspension yesterday 6 miles killed my butt ".

Does your MTB have full suspension or is it just a hard tail.

A full suspension bike will be far superior to a suspension seat post, I am speaking from experience.

Most seat posts come in 1 of 3 diameter sizes - 27.2mm, 30.9mm and 31.6mm.

You will have to find the diameter of your seat post tube first, maybe if you post the exact make and model of your bike we can help.

However I would imagine swapping the seat out only will make a big difference, but getting the correct one for your "butt" will be a bit trial and error.

As for drinks bottles etc, again it will depend on your bike model and frame, so a model will help. Most are fixed with two screws set a standard distance apart, your frame will have a couple of possible locations, but it will also depend on what else you will want to carry, and how much space you have for what size of bottle etc.
sorry it’s a oxygen s cross mountain bike hard tail 2020 mk11
I’ve been using my son in-laws Koni coiler for last few weeks

Reactions: Bus biker55

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Have a search for suspension seat posts as its been discussed and different recommendations made a few times.

This a popular choice

Same for drink bottles - bit different as allowable space in frame differs depending on battery mounting config. If not the space people either use a handlbar mount or just put it in a back pack.

Last edited:

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
Ok thanks yes looking for one that will fit onto frame but as the bike hasn’t got any fixing points I’ll have to shop around

Related Articles

Advertisers