Tapatalk, how can i get rid of message

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
Anyone know how I get rid of the irritating tapatalk message that covers half my ipad screen when I return to the forum.

I press the x button to get rid of it and instantly get logged out.

What ever Tapatalk is, I don't want or need it.

How do I prevent my ipad from ever mentioning it again? Come to that, what's causing it to ask me in the first place?

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Anyone know how I get rid of the irritating tapatalk message that covers half my ipad screen when I return to the forum.

I press the x button to get rid of it and instantly get logged out.

What ever Tapatalk is, I don't want or need it.

How do I prevent my ipad from ever mentioning it again? Come to that, what's causing it to ask me in the first place?
Tapatalk is a mobile app that allows you to view/participate on mobile devices e.g. iPhone, Android, iPad etc. We have a plug-in installed on this site so you can view the forum from the Tapatalk app.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Same on my android phone as well. Can't get rid of it, and half the forum has disappeared to the left of the screen. The latter happened a week or so ago.
I will update the Tapatalk plug-in later, let's see what happens then.

PatMcrotch

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 4, 2015
Mate you do not know what you are missing...go to app store or playstore and install it

Using this forum on a phone or tab with a web browser would be painful after using tapatalk.

I agree though..I thought the same about the popup before I used it..lol

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
I will update the Tapatalk plug-in later, let's see what happens then.
Thanks, hopefully it will sort the problem.

As Pat in previous post suggests, I could just install the app but the Forum works fine as it is on Ipad and phone so I see no real need.

If after update problem still exists, I'll maybe forced to give it a go.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Mate you do not know what you are missing...go to app store or playstore and install it

Using this forum on a phone or tab with a web browser would be painful after using tapatalk.

I agree though..I thought the same about the popup before I used it..lol
I tried it, couldn't wait to be shut of it. Not for me.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
OK, I've just updated Tapatalk. Let me know how you get on.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
I got that message on my iPad when I used it to come here, but it was easy to get rid of. But another issue showed up since the forum upgrade. I can’t hover above forum on the forum list page to bring up the drop down menu and select recent posts with it.

There seems no way to bring it up at all, and I have to trawl through all the forums, which is not worth the effort frankly. I don’t really know why there are so many separate forums anyway, it’s not that busy a site. I have never gone to a particular one and I always clicked on recent posts; and now on the iPad I can’t. Which makes this site in effect unusable with it.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
I got that message on my iPad when I used it to come here, but it was easy to get rid of. But another issue showed up since the forum upgrade. I can’t hover above forum on the forum list page to bring up the drop down menu and select recent posts with it.

There seems no way to bring it up at all, and I have to trawl through all the forums, which is not worth the effort frankly. I don’t really know why there are so many separate forums anyway, it’s not that busy a site. I have never gone to a particular one and I always clicked on recent posts; and now on the iPad I can’t. Which makes this site in effect unusable with it.
John,

Which iPad you have? Are you using Safari or another browser?

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I use Mercury on my iPad just for this forum, no problems yet.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
John,

Which iPad you have? Are you using Safari or another browser?
IPad Air bought in March with up to date software. Yes I do use Safari.

Until I tried it yesterday for the first time in a week or so I could bring up new posts with it.

Advertisers