The British and bikes

Erik

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2008
I have a mate who always drove so close to cyclists that there were no risk of them falling in front of the wheels.

I it was more than a foot, then he would curse himself for sloppy driving.

He has since become a driving teacher, after his girlfriend got fed up of his comments on other drivers.

I haven't been driving with him in a long time, so I don't know how much space he leaves cyclists now.

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Does anyone else find that cars give more room when passing at night time than during the day?
Hi Haku
I find this is the case on a Monday night when I do a late shift at work and travel home around 8.30pm. I guess I have only put it down to little oncoming traffic, so therefore more room for cars to maneouver but there may be another reason? Mind you, I get the odd boy racer whizzing past me and giving no room :mad:
Regards
Mandy

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008
oldosc

I was cycling in Morocco a few years ago among a crowd of local cyclists, on coming to a light that just turned red we all surged foreward to beat it.
AT the other side I was stopped by a massive policeman, who in french asked was I colour blind, when I said no but I just followed all the others, he said "you know better you should set an example"hard act to follow
Osc
ps my new bike is just arriving NOW.

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
i have just returned from Pune in India,cars ,bikes and Tuc Tucs go the wrong way along roads,the wrong way up hard shoulders etc Lorries don't have rear lights and Bicycles don't have ANY lights although occasionally an odd one will make the effort and attach a cd to the bike !!!...You haven't experienced driving until you have been to India ....believe me :eek: :eek: :eek:

Erik

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2008
i have just returned from Pune in India,cars ,bikes and Tuc Tucs go the wrong way along roads,the wrong way up hard shoulders etc Lorries don't have rear lights and Bicycles don't have ANY lights although occasionally an odd one will make the effort and attach a cd to the bike !!!...You haven't experienced driving until you have been to India ....believe me :eek: :eek: :eek:
But the population is still growing rapidly, so the toll the traffic is taking is insignificant.

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
its very strange,despite the potholes etc,two lane roads having 3 cars 6 motorbikes and 5 pedal bikes 4 tuc tucs and a lorry side by side,,there are amazingly very few accidents,probably because if the slower speed of traffic...The motorcycle test involves bikes doing a figure of eight..the reasoning for that presumably being because of the way that they have to dodge other road users !!....oh and if you fail the test..200 rupees will buy you through !! thats about £2.48......personally i think i would pay them 100 times more to keep failing me !! :D

Advertisers