The extrawheel

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I had seen this before but today got into the detail a bit and several ideas came to mind.

1. this is safer than my trailer on the open road because it is the width of the bike with panniers
2. easier to navigate some of the cycle paths I use than my trailer
3. as one of my panniers is already filled by my BFBattery one of these would allow me to bring three panniers of shopping home instead of one
4. a good idea for people with an e-MTB and no rack
5. your idea goes here...

http://www.extrawheel.com/en/3/bicycle_trailer/

Reactions: LeighPing and Woosh

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Good idea, I'd rather carry a pair of extra pannier bags that way than either side of the front wheel as some tourers do, nicer handling.

Not sure about the spare front wheel idea though, nowhere to put the two extra panniers in that case, and what would one do with the failed front wheel it replaced, throw it away?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Good idea, I'd rather carry a pair of extra pannier bags that way than either side of the front wheel as some tourers do, nicer handling.

Not sure about the spare front wheel idea though, nowhere to put the two extra panniers in that case, and what would one do with the failed front wheel it replaced, throw it away?
Yep, I thought that was a goofy idea too.

No, the idea is you are in the middle of the outback and you just use the extrawheel to ride to the nearest bike shop (500 km) with the broken wheel having hidden your panniers under a rock so the kangaroos don't eat them... :D

Advertisers