The man who cycled the World

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Every evening this week I have enjoyed watching "The man who cycled the World" (non electric) BBC1 2245 Hrs.

Also watching the progress of Justin-Le of Ebikes.ca in his attempt to cross Canada coast to coast on $10 worth of electricity.

Not forgetting Wai Won Ching's continueing journey following the Silk route across China.

Then we have the exploits of another old timer, Umberto Marchese riding his Frisbee e-bike. Not satisfied with taking part in the Giro Delle Dolomiti uphill race, He also embarked on a 2164 Km ride across Italy in 14 days.

My own ego was rapidly deflated by the middle-aged postie who delivered a parcel to me this week. He wondered what was in the huge box that weighed little more than a feather.

I explained, "It's a pair of mudguards for a bike".
"Pushbike or motorbike?" says he.
"their for an electric bicycle" I replied (and quickly added "I cheat" before he did).

We had a brief chat about cycling in general, during which I told him about my regular 32 mile round trips to Marlborough via Route 45, to which he replied.
"Well, I'm sorry to pee on your chips mate, but I cycle to Manchester and back twice a year".

So you see this is from an old chap living in a World full of "youth"...trouble is the youngsters have grabbed it all.

Right, it's telly time. 'night all

Bob

Advertisers