The Wisper Clinic - Our commitment to our customers old and new.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi to everyone using the Wisper Clinic.

We have been using the clinic for many years now and we hope it has been useful to those who have had a problem with their Wisper and that any issues have been solved. Briefly reading through the posts I beleive they all have?

Although all other manufacturers and dealers have now chosen to either eave the Clinic or not join at all, (I imagine because it does show the problems that can occur with an electric bike, maybe they think it's bad publicity to air such issues in public), we at Wisper will be continuing to support our customers in open forum through 2013 and into the future.

Please excuse me if I personally don't get straight back to you but more often than not one of the experts on Pedelecs will look after you. For this I offer my heartfelt thanks to the experts!!

If you need a quick answer, your supplier will in most cases be able to assist you. Failing that feel free to call me directly or contact one of the guys at Wisper Support, both my private mobile number and the Wisper Support email address can be found at the bottom of this post. If you would prefer to email me please do so at david.miall@wisperbikes.com I am always available to our customers and am pleased to hear from you as we actually see very few problems when compared to the tens of thousands of Wispers that are now gracing the roads in the UK and across the world.

Please remember that although we are now into our eighth year, we keep 99% of all parts from all the models we have ever produced in stock in Cheltenham. So don't worry about the age of your Wisper, we can nearly always help.

Above all please don't suffer any issues you may be having with one of our bikes silently. We would really rather know if there is a problem so we can get you back on the road as quickly as possible.

All the best!

David :)

oioi

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 13, 2021
hi I have an older alpino,its gone to the menders with an odd fault.The front wheel will only go forwards,its like the brake is on and impossible to move in reverse,makes no difference if power is on or off. Any ideas

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Motor clutch is stuck most likely, it may be something simple like a spring broken and not allowing a clutch pin to work correctly, there are three said spring/pins.

oioi

May 13, 2021
Motor clutch is stuck most likely, it may be something simple like a spring broken and not allowing a clutch pin to work correctly, there are three said spring/pins.
thank you,I will inform the man trying to find the fault

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
hi I have an older alpino,its gone to the menders with an odd fault.The front wheel will only go forwards,its like the brake is on and impossible to move in reverse,makes no difference if power is on or off. Any ideas
That symptom means that you have a short between motor phase wires. Normally, that would be blown mosfets in the controller or the wires have melted where they come out of the controller. A damaged motor cable can also cause it. If you dropped the bike or were clumsy with it and bashed the axle, it can be fatal for the motor. You can confirm that by disconnecting the motor at the connector near the axle to see if the problem goes away. The mender might not have a clue, so it might be an idea to give them this info.

Reactions: oioi

oioi

May 13, 2021
update.
Turns out the front wheel hub was full of mud.
Once cleaned out it worked.
Who guessed the cogs are plastic ?
How it got in there is a mystery.
Anyhow that fixed and another fault that 2 bike fixers cannot fix.
The throttle....( the main reason for keeping this problematic old beast ) does not work.It will work for 15 secs or so if I am not on it i.e if I hold the front wheel up of the ground,it will spin for 15 secs then cuts out.
Today I took the beast out fresh back from the menders,first small hill lost all power .
So having just read another post on here could it be a simple battery connection fix ?
I am thinking to get a controller of ebay ,a chinese one because everyone keeps telling me wisper no longer do them. Oh the other thing they keep telling me is get a Bosch.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
update.
Turns out the front wheel hub was full of mud.
Once cleaned out it worked.
Who guessed the cogs are plastic ?
How it got in there is a mystery.
Anyhow that fixed and another fault that 2 bike fixers cannot fix.
The throttle....( the main reason for keeping this problematic old beast ) does not work.It will work for 15 secs or so if I am not on it i.e if I hold the front wheel up of the ground,it will spin for 15 secs then cuts out.
Today I took the beast out fresh back from the menders,first small hill lost all power .
So having just read another post on here could it be a simple battery connection fix ?
I am thinking to get a controller of ebay ,a chinese one because everyone keeps telling me wisper no longer do them. Oh the other thing they keep telling me is get a Bosch.
How old is your battery? The cutting out maybe a sign it is at the end of it's useful life esp. if it only happens when the throttle is used due to higher current draw.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
A quick point re the cogs (planetary gears) they are made in high grade nylon to reduce noise and friction. Aluminium planetary gears are very noisy and I think almost non existing in the market now. We are asked to replace very few but occasionally on very high mileage bike the can be worn. We have them in stock.

All the best, David

oioi

May 13, 2021
A quick point re the cogs (planetary gears) they are made in high grade nylon to reduce noise and friction. Aluminium planetary gears are very noisy and I think almost non existing in the market now. We are asked to replace very few but occasionally on very high mileage bike the can be worn. We have them in stock.

All the best, David
Is there a wisper stockist.....mechanic near me ? I am on the shrops Powys border.

chrisbach

Sep 15, 2022
Wisper's reputation is why I bought one but my current problem is still ongoing. How long should I wait for a new battery under warranty? Less than 10 weeks?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Wisper's reputation is why I bought one but my current problem is still ongoing. How long should I wait for a new battery under warranty? Less than 10 weeks?
Hi Chris, please call me 07733226906 this afternoon. We can and will sort your problem. Alternatively email support@wisperbikes.com

All the best, David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Chris, I have just spoken to my Support team.

I can see that you bought your bike about two years ago now, for whatever reason your battery failed just under the two year warranty period. We did have you down for a new 575Wh replacement battery under warranty. For some reason the 575Wh was changed to a 375Wh, I have not got to the bottom of this yet, but they are saying it was at your request!? We dont have 575's in stock at the moment hence the extended wait, however I know that they left Portugal and are expected here next week, we will get one straight out to you. Sorry for the confusion and the delay.

All the best, David

chrisbach

Sep 15, 2022
Hi David,
Thanks for your intervention. The battery arrived today and my faith is restored.:)
Diolch yn fawr.
Chris.

Advertisers