This display to basic voilamart controller?

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
I won a display in a auction on ebay just paid for it and unsure if they will actually send it as quite a bit below their normal price and many Chinese supplier's will not honour such auctions.

Here it is;

Was it expecting it to be shrunk down a bit, sorry about that but at least the image is clear. I'm planning to build an ebike based on a Saracen Pylon 3, this will be my second conversion, both based on the same voilamart kit. The voilamart kit does support a display although looks much more basic than this but I didn't purchase either kit's with a display.

What are my chances of connecting them? I've had a quick look and the only thing I can see is they have only a few connections on both the display and on the controller box, I realise the pinouts will need matching.

I guess my question is will it work and if so will I get full functionality or a reduced number of features?

My first ebike is a basic rigid mountain bike sub £120 territory but the bike I'm intending for this is a bit nicer. Also wondering if the front hub motor will be ok with a 180mm rotor this bike has at the front. Still convinced there was a typo when the brand model was sent to Merida, Pylon is such a weird name for a bike, surely Python would have been the sort of name they were after.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Chance of connecting is zero. Do not try to connect it to your throttle connector or you'll kill it.

It looks like the LCD for a Sabvoton controller. The controller is massive and costs over £200.

Maybe ask next time before you commit your money.

If the price was uncomfortably low for them, ask if you can cancel the order before they send it.

Last edited:

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
Chance of connecting is zero. Do not try to connect it to your throttle connector or you'll kill it.

It looks like the LCD for a Sabvoton controller. The controller is massive and costs over £200.

Maybe ask next time before you commit your money.

If the price was uncomfortably low for them, ask if you can cancel the order before they send it.
No I definitely want it sent it was quite a cheap price and I'd like to play about with it. The display normally costs about £80 through ebay but I got it for a small fraction of that price. The Keyu company also makes the voilamart display and the cable connector is identical but I realise there could be lots of issues and no compatibility. It's definitely worth the gamble. The Keyu display used by Voilamart has about 3 versions but they are separated by wattage not controller I.C.s.

Also there is a thread here that gives hope and this comment which I think is for the monochrome LCD display.

Firstly, yes the SW900 works with various controllers - is a generic 5-pin display that works with most controllers, I've ran it with Halomotor, Risunmotor and voilamart controllers. All you have to watch for is that some are now using the round waterproof plugs, but this is nothing a soldering iron can't sort out.

Advertisers